FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX for News Shooters

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Bayliss-Smith
FCPX for News Shooters
on Jun 1, 2012 at 3:13:19 am

Hi there, I've written a blog over on DSLR Newshooter about how I use FCPX in a news environment. I'd appreciate your comments over on that blog (or here)

http://www.dslrnewsshooter.com/2012/05/31/final-cut-pro-x-for-news-shooters...

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: FCPX for News Shooters
on Jun 1, 2012 at 4:15:53 am

Another positive story about FCPX in a professional environment - great story but let's hope this isn't a trend!

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

James Bayliss-Smith
on Jun 5, 2012 at 6:15:34 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "great story but let's hope this isn't a trend!"

Why ever not? Should we not celebrate when a programme is improved?

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 6, 2012 at 12:14:40 am

I was kidding - the norm here is to gripe about X - we're not used to positive stories from paid professionals like yourself. Keep it up1

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Jun 1, 2012 at 6:21:09 am

Hi James,

That's a really informative article. I loved the picture of your home work set-up with the very neat set of post-it notes on the wall.

I'm a big fan of the DSLR News Shooter site and attended a training session with Dan Chung in London a few years back. For me FCPX is great for short form films and like you I really appreciate the new approach to working with file based work flows.

The fact that despite a difficult start you continued and persevered with FCPX is probably an experience that many editors had.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 1, 2012 at 2:40:40 pm

As someone who shoots and edits ENG style often enough, I really appreciate your post. It explains well both the Event Database model and Roles for audio.

I'm curious about your experience of the magnetic timeline. It's never impeded me and it certainly makes things easier when I need to move pieces around as I rearrange a story. Yet somehow people see it as an obstacle they must overcome. You mentioned that you both love it yet it was hard to get your head around. What were the particulars in that?

Return to posts index

tony west
on Jun 2, 2012 at 3:24:37 pm

Thanks for the cool article James.

I to got a kick out of those neat notes also. It looks like you used a line leveler to do it : )

Jokes aside, that's a great idea to put the notes up.

I thought X was a perfect fit for news right out of the box. That timeline is perfect for it.

I think X can be used for more jobs than it can't be used for.

I like the roles export also.

When I first got X I just dove right in. I wish now I had taken more time to learn short cuts. I was just gong to learn it while doing projects but I think I could have saved myself some time and frustration had I did what you did.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]