FORUMS: list search recent posts

I explained Final Cut X to my wife as...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Adam
I explained Final Cut X to my wife as...
on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:28:14 pm

Approaching a 10 year anniversary with both my wife, and Final Cut Pro, she asked why I was so uncharacteristically out of sorts today.

I explained that in our 10 years, Ive spent nearly as many waking hours with FCP as with her, and thus there were a lot of commonalities. We've grown as a team, gotten very comfortable at executing various complex tasks, and had a lot of success, both personal and professional, with our system that has evolved. She's become more capable with age, and while there are always things one wants to change and grow in a partner, we were very happy.

"The NAB Supermeet", I explained, "was like she took a vacation at a health spa, and ichatted me videos of her looking hotter and more fit than ever, complete with sexy innuendo about all the new "tricks" she's been reading about...

FCPX then, was like she returned home to announce she was a lesbian. She had new tricks, but they weren't really for me, and if I wanted in, I'd have to do things VERY differently...

She also wouldn't hang out or work with any of our old friends like Aja and Matrox and Multiclip...good people. People we'd spent a lot of great time with...made a lot of money with. Now? She has younger friends, new and fresh and wet behind the ears. Sure, they don't know much, but she doesn't seem to care. This is now who she is, and no future plans or explanations would be given. I now knew what Ross on Friends had gone through."

My amazing wife of 10 years had a good laugh, and made me some chocolate chip cookies.

I fired up FCP 7, smiled, and got back to work.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: I explained Final Cut X to my wife as...
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:33:15 pm

LOL!!

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:36:23 pm

You are very lucky to have such an understanding and loving wife!

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / FCP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:05:24 pm

Following the analogy, is that to say that those who embrace FCP X are suffering form battered husbands syndrome?

"FCP X only beats me when I deserve it. It's really nice most of the time, just not when I want to play with others. I shouldn't be so selfish."

Return to posts index

Nathan Adam
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:21:29 pm

I think it would be more of a dominatrix relationship. :)

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:34:49 pm

You've nailed exactly the way I feel about it too. That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

I'm sure I'll stay married to FCP too because, like marriage, sometimes it's easier to adapt to changes than to start over. ;)

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Nathan Adam
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:45:21 pm

I have a good friend named Andy Wilson who's a mastering engineer in NY.:)

I had high hopes, and recognize that apple is doing now for the HDSLR producers what it did for all of us aspiring DV producers 10 years ago. I try not to begrudge them that, and anticipate most of what we're missing that needs to carry on will return in the next year or so.

Return to posts index

Christopher McDonell
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:26:22 pm

There have been a lot of analogies and metaphors trying to explain the big switch... but hands down, this is the best I've read so far! In response to your latest post, I too agree that the 'lesbian' fad will eventually give way and that your wife of ten years will come knocking at the door, begging for your forgiveness and armed with tricks now suitable for her loyal and faithful husband...

Return to posts index

Brian Foote
on Jun 22, 2011 at 6:34:09 pm

To funny! As said previously, this is the best comparison i have read yet. Im sure some 3rd party apps will handle the pro app features but for now its just a bastard child of sorts or a lesbian. HAHA!

Brian Foote
Editorial | Motion Design

http://www.brianfoote.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]