FORUMS: list search recent posts

Events and Projects are linked but remain independent?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
Events and Projects are linked but remain independent?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:40:13 am

So I love new software and delving into new things...and after my initial shock of not having a typical "browser" ... I'm trying to understand how to correctly use events and projects.

You have events for importing media...so clips and photos...graphics, etc in an EVENT.

Then create a folder under "Project Library" for each edit -- you can have multiple timelines inside of each folder, so having versions wouldn't REQUIRE you to use the audition feature, which wouldn't work for required different versions of an edited project (web version, broadcast version, etc) You can duplicate a "project" so it seems that you can work the exact same way you would in the browser...make an edit, duplicate and revise.

The only difference I see is that you HAVE to have EVERY edit you've ever done on EVERY project you've ever done open at the same time. This seems like a bad idea... :)

Thoughts?

-Jason

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
Re: Events and Projects are linked but remain independent?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:43:43 pm

[Jason Brown] "The only difference I see is that you HAVE to have EVERY edit you've ever done on EVERY project you've ever done open at the same time. This seems like a bad idea... :)

Thoughts?"

FCP X is basically just providing a more specialized tool than the Finder for managing project and media files. The fact that it presents a hierarchical list of all your projects all the time is no worse of an idea than the Finder providing a hierarchical list of every file on every mounted volume all the time. Which of course is the entire purpose of the Finder.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]