FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is 'Adobe Speedgrade' working for you?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
Is 'Adobe Speedgrade' working for you?
on May 21, 2012 at 6:24:57 pm

I edited a 3 minute sequence (Canon DSLR clips) in Ppro 6 and then tried sending to Speedgrade. Just simple cuts, nothing fancy, but after all the exporting and speegrade opening up, the program just crashes. I tried with a shorter duration it crashed again.Then i tried exporting an edl, but that too generates some kind of an error. And yeah, I am on a PC.

I would like to know if anybody else had a different experience? Is is working for you? Adobe's help forum is also full of such crash reports.

Sohrab

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi & Adobe PPro

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
Re: Is 'Adobe Speedgrade' working for you?
on May 22, 2012 at 3:52:02 am

FWIW, I was able to send a 35ish clip promo over without any problem at all. I putzed around in the program for a good half an hour trying all kinds of absurd things with no crash. I was on a Macbook Pro.

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on May 22, 2012 at 4:24:55 am

I haven't seen a single crash in about 5 hours of work. On a beefy pc with 24 gb of ram & a geforce 470.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on May 22, 2012 at 6:53:09 am

I crashed after about 30 min. on Mac Pro with 5770 - haven't tried on the PC yet.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Michael Kalin
on May 22, 2012 at 8:43:16 pm

No problems on an i7 PC with 27GB of RAM, lower end GT 430 graphics.

Do you have CUDA cores enabled for GPU acceleration? Definitely worth doing over software-only Mercury Acceleration.

You can also use Adjustment Layers in Premiere Pro. The 3 Way Color Corrector has also been updated in PP.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]