FORUMS: list search recent posts

This no XML thing is funny...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Babauta
This no XML thing is funny...
on Jun 22, 2011 at 7:13:36 am

I just thought of something ridicilously funny, so it means that I can open past FCP7 projects in Premiere Pro CS5.5 and Avid MC5.5 via XML but I cant with FCPx? In that respect, it makes even more sense to switch platforms than to go FCPx!

Geez.

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
Re: This no XML thing is funny...
on Jun 22, 2011 at 7:24:03 am

Good point.

Return to posts index

David Dobson
on Jun 22, 2011 at 7:28:20 am

I'm thinking Adobe's Production Premium CS5 IS the upgrade path from FCS3. Don't even have to change platforms.

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
on Jun 22, 2011 at 7:32:34 am

CS5.5 is pretty awesome, I have to say. Although MC 5.5 is still my editor of choice. I guess it's pretty great that we have such choice right now.

Chris

Return to posts index

David Dobson
on Jun 22, 2011 at 7:48:54 am

I started on the Avid and loved it - then fell into Final Cut and convinced people to abandon MC and go with FCP - and all along I was dabbling with Premiere cause PCs were cheap and I liked to build my own. I did some smaller projects on PPro 5 and 6 but not until CS3 did I quit FCP. Still, PPro was buggy and crashed, but so did FCP 4 when I used it so the only real difference was the Hardware which I couldn't compete with, building my own on a budget. Now with CS5 I feel I can build a cheap machine (4 core AMD) and still do better than FCP 7 on an 8 core G5.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:45:21 pm

Thats the path I am taking!

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / FCP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:46:41 am

Indeed, but who wants to upgrade FCP7 projects in FCPX anyway?

Finish your damn project first! :P

CS5.5 is cool indeed

Return to posts index

David Burch
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:04:41 am

Some of us have on-going projects with repeat clients that we would really like to migrate to FCPX due to some of its features.

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:41:40 am

It makes logical sense that if someone (Automatic Duck) can make FCP X export XMLs, then eventually it will also be able to import XMLs. With 1.2 million people hitting Larry Jordan's site and taking it down yesterday, there's money to be made in figuring out the XML IO issue, and if Apple doesn't do it someone else will. I think Automatic Duck will get the bleeding edge early adopters, but I'm pretty sure there will be a less expensive way to do this before long.

Joe Murray
Edit at Joe's
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]