FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 to Premeire 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
FCP7 to Premeire 6
on May 18, 2012 at 9:54:45 pm

Hey everyone just though I'd stop by with some news, Today a Major client of mine (I can't say who. NDA) Told me to say goodbye to FCP7 and welcome in Adobe Premiere 6.0, the age of FCP7 is starting to show. I ask why not FCPX and his reply was "I just Don't trust apple anymore" The world is changing! For better or worse you guys decide. Just thought I'd share and discuss.

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: FCP7 to Premeire 6
on May 18, 2012 at 11:43:58 pm

Always love the "I don't trust Apple anymore excuse" as the Editor launches Premiere on his trusty ole Mac Pro lol.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on May 19, 2012 at 3:04:37 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "Always love the "I don't trust Apple anymore excuse" as the Editor launches Premiere on his trusty ole Mac Pro lol."

You mean his new MBP or Imac, don't you? It's kinda of hard to fire up something that's been EOL'd. That's why it's so nostalgic to fire up Legacy on my Mac Pro.

"Everything dies baby that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back..."

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 19, 2012 at 5:52:25 pm

[Herb Sevush] "You mean his new MBP or Imac, don't you? It's kinda of hard to fire up something that's been EOL'd. That's why it's so nostalgic to fire up Legacy on my Mac Pro.

"Everything dies baby that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back..."
"

Ah! I see your livin' in the future.

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on May 19, 2012 at 2:13:53 am

I had a feeling it would only be a matter of time before we started to see signs of the Premiere Pro era getting underway.

I, for one, welcome our new Editing Overlords, and I do think the trust excuse is a valid reason to switch. Apple treated the rollout of X the EXACT SAME WAY they would have gone about releasing a new iGadget, and they totally disregarded the needs of their target users- and they expected everyone to just follow along because, hey, this is a shiny new product from Apple- and it's REVOLUTIONARY!!

With an attitude like that, they don't deserve to be an NLE standard. Even if X does get back to a widely acceptable pro level, how do we know they aren't going to pull this same BS again at some point?

(and, I do realize X has become more capable over the past year- but that has been largely due to third-party plugins. FCPX still can't import an FCP7 project on its own. If a plugin developer can do this, why can't Apple?)

Adobe, on the other hand, is very interested in the needs and concerns of the Premiere Pro users, and they are totally committed to making PPro a great NLE- for professionals.

(and, unlike FCPX... Premiere Pro can open an FCP 7 project- ON ITS OWN!)

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on May 20, 2012 at 6:00:02 pm

[Greg Andonian] "they totally disregarded the needs of their target users"

This is a case of moving goal posts. For Apple, the "target user" has changed. Apple is not primarily targeting broadcast professionals anymore with FCP X. Yes, they are adding some features that might make it more palatable to broadcast professionals, but their primary target demographic has changed to address a group of users that is much larger and broader than those only doing broadcast and film work.

Apple released exactly the product that they intended to. It's just business. Fortunately if you don't feel that FCP X addresses your needs, you have many other great options such as Avid, Premiere Pro and now Smoke.

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on May 20, 2012 at 8:34:22 pm

I think that factions at Apple are really struggling with the "pro" market at this point. (and it is a small market to be sure.) There is no doubt for me that it is not their primary focus. I have had numerous debates with good and knowledgable folks on this forum who disagree with me on this point but I do believe that one of the principal reasons Apple got to to where it is today (the first - second? - most profitable company in the world?) was in large part from basking in the glow of "Hollywood." Since 2004 or so Apple has found other and far more lucrative avenues of profitability. But I do do believe that someone, somewhere in Cupertino has realized that they have, at the very least, taken a PR hit over the past year. However, from the response I've seen I don't think there are a lot of people in that room.

Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]