Project crashing FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ladislav Zamba
Project crashing FCPX
on May 15, 2012 at 12:46:09 pm

Hi,

my 1,5 hour project is crashing FCPX 10.0.4

I finished it today, closed FCPX and when I reopened it again, it's crashing FCPX

Can Apple help me? Or some utility?

I tried Pro Maintanance Tools trial version (Project Repair) and it didn't help

Project file size is 15.5 MB

I'm on Lion but I cannot find how to repair older version of profect - file versioning as is for example with TextEdit. Is it possible with FCPX projects?

I have no extra backup. FCPX crashing was always without problems. All my projects always opened without problems. Except now :-(

Thanks for help

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Project crashing FCPX
on May 15, 2012 at 5:36:14 pm

This MAY work. In your Final Cut Projects folder, find the CurrentVersion.fcpproject file for that timeline and trash it. In the Backups folder for that project, copy and past the time-stamped .fcpproject file up one level (same place you found the CurrentVersion file). Then rename that copy to CurrentVersion.fcpproject. Launch X. See if this back up appears correctly.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Ladislav Zamba
Re: Project crashing FCPX
on May 15, 2012 at 5:54:22 pm

Thank you Oliver,

I was fighting with it today for four hours.

I was absolutely unable open FCPX in Project Library when broken project was in FCP Projects folder. FCPX was rebuilding thumbnail views and it crashed it always.
Backup project was not working too.

Once it opened Project Library, so I duplicated broken project three times with different options, but it didn't help. Duplicates were broken too.

Then I moved broken project away from FCP Projects folder and made fake empty project with same name and opened it. Then I closed FCPX and replaced fake project with broken one.
FCPX opened and after few seconds was crashing again, but randomly. At last it stayed opened, so I exported timeline and I'm happy now.

It was really nightmare :-) Now I have to set TimeMachine and be very careful in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]