FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Picture: Business End, More Details

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franz Bieberkopf
Big Picture: Business End, More Details
on May 12, 2012 at 6:40:31 pm

Since there has been much discussion about what post production and video editing look like from the business end:

Apple
Avid
Lightworks
Etc.

And since I just stumbled on this (warning - PDF download) from http://ir.avid.com/, I thought I'd post.

It's an "Investors Presentation", so make of it what you will but I thought it was interesting for this breakdown of Avid business (on which there has been much speculation here):

... interesting to me for (among other things) the size and breakdown of each segment, and also for the size of the audio portion of their business across the board.

Another graphic here (though I think all this info was in their Q1 results, it's presented here in more digestible form):

Franz.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Big Picture: Business End, More Details
on May 12, 2012 at 7:13:30 pm

On page 6 of the report it shows that the Cloud (whatever that means in Avid world) is the #1 priority of CIO's.

I dunno....AVID is a hardware/software developer...what does the cloud have to do with it?

Thanks for posting.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Phil Hoppes
Re: Big Picture: Business End, More Details
on May 12, 2012 at 7:31:58 pm

These number are so bogus as to be insane. Consumer video growing at 0%-1% CAGR with a TAM of $0.6B? Looks like some marketing suit bending over backwards trying to justify their plan. And they have only a 20% market share but this market is the one they have been using to justify their terrible financial performance. ROTFLMAO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]