FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX and Terrablock

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
FCPX and Terrablock
on May 9, 2012 at 12:38:45 pm

Looking to take 21 seats of FCP7 over to FCPX in a college lab setting (hell, half of the students are using X now on their own laptops, so I might as well be compatible). Anyway, we have a Facillis Terrablock system set up right now so the student teams can use any computer in the lab to edit their projects (provided they set up scratch disks properly on the Terrablock partitions they are allocated).

Can FCPX be set up to access the Terrablock for different jobs? There will be no "simultaneous" editing of the same footage, but can I (or, can I teach the students to) create a custom folder on a remote partition for each Event in FCPX?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
Re: FCPX and Terrablock
on May 9, 2012 at 3:19:23 pm

How are your clients accessing the Terrablock? Which protocol, filesystem, and physical connection type? You may be able to use SAN Locations, but it will depend on how your clients are accessing the Terrablock.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX and Terrablock
on May 9, 2012 at 11:14:58 pm

I'm working on a Command Soft FibreJet volume-level-locking SAN. The "Add SAN Location" function doesn't work in that set-up. Bug report filed with Apple and they responded (looking into it). Not sure if the same problem would arise with Terrablock. I suggest contacting Facilis and see if they've tested this.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]