FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does PROX overwrite FCP7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ryan
Does PROX overwrite FCP7?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:41:30 am

Havent seen this answered. Does downloading fcpx overwrite FCP7? Do all of my project files stay the same? (since they obviously wont work on the new one)

Return to posts index

Zachary Marsh
Re: Does PROX overwrite FCP7?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:51:32 am

It's /possible/. I don't see how exactly, but they do say the best way to install the new software is on a brand new partition (dumbest crap ever).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4722

Return to posts index

John Godwin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:09:55 am

Nothing was overwritten on the 3 machines I've installed it on. I made a backup of the system drives of each machine, and on 2 of them also installed to a partitioned drive instead of the main system drive. But all have FCS 3 on them and so far no problems.

Best,
John

Return to posts index

David Burch
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:41:44 am

My experience is that it doesn't overwrite anything, but it does replace the icon on your hotbar. I'm not sure how to get both of them on there, and I can't seem to make an alias of FCP or rename the original. Anybody know how I can have both versions 7 and X on my quick launch bar?

Return to posts index

John Godwin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:54:48 am

Find the thread "a must Read for anyone installing FCP X today" and follow the link to Apple's instructions. I followed those instructions, including the last part about moving the apps around in the Applications folder, then it was easy to open FCP 7 and keep in dock, then open FCP X and keep in dock.

Best,
John

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:05:21 am

My solution is easy to. I just deleted FCP X ;-)

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / FCP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

Mihkel Mäemets
on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:13:12 pm

I renamed the new version of Final Cut. To do open the info screen of the application in Finder (CMD+I). Press the lock icon to make changes, then add everyone read/write access. After that you can change the name of the application.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]