FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Text Inspector broken?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Dortch
FCPX Text Inspector broken?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:41:30 am

Been trying to poke around in this more tonight...

Every time I add text to the timeline and try to use the inspector to modify text... seeing nothing. A few times it has popped up an inactive control panel, but can't get to the Title / Text inspector. Link appears at the top of the pane but non-responsive. Will crash the software completely out if you keep trying to inspect the text to change any properties.

Anyone else seeing this?

JONATHAN DORTCH
BLACK WOLF CREATIVE

Return to posts index

David Heidelberger
Re: FCPX Text Inspector broken?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:56:36 am

Don't have it yet, but in scouring as much material as I could find online, I just saw this Apple support doc. Sounds like that might be what you're seeing.

- David

Return to posts index

Jonathan Dortch
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:45:51 am

Ugh. Motion had the exact same Font / Text Inspector problems. Been finicky for the last two versions.

JONATHAN DORTCH
BLACK WOLF CREATIVE

Return to posts index

Kevin marchese
on Jul 25, 2011 at 4:01:30 pm

I have the same problem crashes every time I enter the inspector for any text element. it can sit on the time line, however if you activate it, it will crash. i'm gonna try a couple things and get back to the post, anyone else dealing with this?

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)

Regards,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:06:29 am

[Jonathan Dortch] "Every time I add text to the timeline and try to use the inspector to modify text... seeing nothing. A few times it has popped up an inactive control panel, but can't get to the Title / Text inspector. Link appears at the top of the pane but non-responsive. Will crash the software completely out if you keep trying to inspect the text to change any properties. "

Yeah, the box to enter text doesn't show up in the inspector sometimes. But double-clicking the text in the viewer works fine, at least for me.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Dortch
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:33:31 pm

Had a few invalid fonts. Trashed all of them, nuked the font cache. Can see the Text Editor in Inspector now but it crashes the program out every time I try to use it.

JONATHAN DORTCH
BLACK WOLF CREATIVE

Return to posts index

Edo Hd
on Aug 1, 2011 at 3:15:04 pm

I have similar problem.
Double click or Command-4 (keyboard shortcut) does crash the inspector. Before it did crash, then it did not crashed any more, now is crashing again.
I even tried to open a clean project to see if project was too saturated. That was not the case.
In report file (which comes up when fcp x crashes) this is the information I was able to gather:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSImageCacheException', reason: 'Cannot lock focus on image , because it is size zero.'
What does it mean, it is size zero??
This is weird specially as inspector works otherwise, and did work before fluently.
How can the program change itself while operating??

Return to posts index

Eddie McFly
on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:35:03 pm

it's size is zero? that's weird. it crashes as soon as you make a title and try to open the inspector? i've noticed other posts of people crashing when they have a weird font or when using foreign language characters. could that be why? if you see that again, could you possibly post the entire log? thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]