- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
Re: 2 million new adobe PPro seats
on Apr 29, 2012 at 7:56:06 pm

It hurts you to know about the 2 million new users with a 45% increase in Mac so you change the subject. Ah some of these apple fanboys when will they see reality?

Ric

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:29:16 pm

[Richard Cardonna] "It hurts you to know about the 2 million new users with a 45% increase in Mac so you change the subject."

Why would it hurt?

Steve Connor
"FCPX Professional"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:46:16 am

It hurts the pride of a couple of diehard apple fanboys editors friends of mine. Because they where so into to bashing adobe they cannot find themselves saying the name and even imagine that they might have to migrate. Not seen any on this forum though. They read this they know who they are.

Ric

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 30, 2012 at 7:49:33 am

[Richard Cardonna] "It hurts the pride of a couple of diehard apple fanboys editors friends of mine. Because they where so into to bashing adobe they cannot find themselves saying the name and even imagine that they might have to migrate. Not seen any on this forum though. They read this they know who they are.
"

They sound pretty sad to me

Steve Connor
"FCPX Professional"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:00:49 pm

So if a graphic designer buys the Master Suite to get inDesign, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator - since PPro comes along with the pack - is that a PPro "seat" from the companies point of view?"

This is part of my issue with the whole "bundling" approach to business. It's clearly good for Adobe's business model to make standalone purchases pretty expensive compared to the bundles - and it's smart business to drive incremental sales by encouraging larger dollar value purchases. But how do you keep track of whether people are actually using a given product on a day to day basis when the bundled product may contain many discrete pieces that may or may not be relevant to the end user?

It kinda divorces "sales" from "use." IMO.

I could be totally wrong and there certainly might be 2 million PPro users worldwide launching the program every day to make videos.

And if so, Adobe has every right to trumpet that fact.

But if they're reached that much penetration, It hasn't shown up in the circles I talk to. In fact, I haven't talked to a single editor that's basing their business editing on PPro.

That certainly doesn't mean there aren't a lot of them. Just that I haven't run across them.

Anyone else regularly getting significant work from PPro editors or get calls from clients wanting you to finish work in that program?

Just wondering.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:10:53 pm

I understand you point but if you to min. 2:30 on you will here him say specifically 2million seats of premiere .

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:14:33 pm

Have to say Bill's experience mirrors mine here in the UK - never in 20 years of freelance editing been asked to edit with PP, never seen a suite with it. Probably 70% Avid 30% FCP give or take.
I mostly work in broadcast, I believe Bill works in other areas - so you would think between us we might run into a couple of these 2,000,000

Again not disputing it, just never seem to see any - they must be somewhere ?

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:27:12 pm

I don't think that broadast at this moment and I mean top tier broadcast is Adobe core market yet but everything else is up for grabs.

I remember reading a Tim Wilson article here in the cow (can't find it) where based on his experience premiere had maybe double of what FCP had (3 or four years ago me thinks) But not in the same markets.

I think that many of those copies are waitng for post houses to transition and learn. Adobe apps at this time are geared to boutique and inhouse faclities, Industrial,news org... I am shure that the way adobe is going it will get there.

How many of the said 2 million FCPX have you seen in top tier Broadcast?

Ric

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:36:59 pm

I wonder how many seats of Speedgrade.

I can't wait for this: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-video/adding-...

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kevin Patrick
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:42:51 pm

I was talking to the Adobe person demoing Speedgrade at NAB.

He said that for now, Speedgrade is not as integrated as AE, in terms of Dynamic Link. He told me that for now it's kind of a stand along app. Soft of a one way path. In the future it should work more like AE, in terms of Dynamic Link.

I tried to get him to clarify what he was saying. But there were too many other people jumping in with other questions. Either I was the only one there at the time who thought what he was telling me was odd, or I heard incorrectly.

Perhaps one of the Adobe people will jump in here and clarify.

Either way, there was a lot of interest in Speedgrade.

Return to posts index

David McGavran
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:56:03 pm

What he was telling you was essentially true. Speedgrade joined the products in September and this released was focued on making it part of the Adobe family. We have a rigid but viable solution to move finished premiere projects into SpeedGrade for grading. That works well. We also have edl in/out in both speedgrade and ppro. In the future we will be spending the time making speedgrade work in the suite. Integration takes time :)

Cheers

Dave

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 30, 2012 at 1:01:59 pm

[Kevin Patrick] "Either way, there was a lot of interest in Speedgrade."

The links that Okiver sent out show you how to get media in.

-There's a send to Speedgrade function which converts your timeline to DPX.

-There's an EDL. Send an EDL and link your timeline to the appropriate media.

-Or you can import media by itself.

I imagine I would use the EDL method.

Speedgrade is new to the suite, so I'm sure the interaction wi improve over time. At any rate, it looks like an awesome program.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:43:06 pm

[Richard Cardonna] "
How many of the said 2 million FCPX have you seen in top tier Broadcast?"

None at all, I dont know anyone using FCPX in the broadcast world. To be fair FCP7 was and is in the minority. As I said earlier probably something like 70/30 Avid - FCP in London.

That said I have not done a single FCP freelance job this year at all. I just checked back and literally all Avid so far. I know of a couple of places that have retained FCP but added Avid so FCP is taking more of a back seat there.
I have no idea if my experience is indicative of any larger switch as yet as outside of that things seem to have stayed roughly as they were, but certainly in broadcast FCP's loss has been Avids gain in the couple of intances where I have seen it happen.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 29, 2012 at 9:40:45 pm

[Richard Cardonna]
How many of the said 2 million FCPX have you seen in top tier Broadcast?""

That's doesn't seem to be a correct number. According to Philips Hodgetts' blog he clarified that as more X seats than FCP 7 seats: "There are now more Final Cut Pro X installs than Final Cut Pro 7 installs."

That would be quite a few less than 2 million (the number for all FCP/FCE/FCS - all versions - users since 1.0). In fact, I know plenty of facilities who didn't go past FCP6, so it could well be that FCP 7 users actually total a smaller number than FCP 6 users. The bottom line - nowhere near 2 million X seats.

As far as X in the pro world - I'm in Florida and no one I know is moving to X in broadcast. A few post and prod folks are playing with it to test the waters, but that's it.

Regarding PPro, Adobe has in the past bundled versions of Premiere with a lot of capture cards. More so in the pre-"Pro" days. As a result, there are a lot of Premiere and Premiere Pro seats in the corporate world. Also a lot of folks buy the Prod Prem bundle to get AE and Pshop, so own PPro by default. There's no way for Adobe to know what they are actually using. In my market, the NBC affiliate is a Hearst station and they are one of the groups shifting to Premiere. I think it's mainly for promotion and creative services with news on something else. That started before X. I believe our PBS station had been on Premiere in the past. Not sure now, but I remember onlining an HD special for them on DS that was offlined inhouse on Premiere 6.0.

According to the SCRI study for 2011 that Apple cites, they dropped market share by 3% and that all went to Avid and not Adobe. I suspect the number may be completely different this year, now that everyone has a clearer idea of direction, though I'm not sure who will actually see the strongest gains.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Erik Lundberg
on Apr 30, 2012 at 3:50:52 am

To add to that, the educational licensing available from Adobe (this is not unique to them, several other software companies does the same thing, Apple included) gives you a very good rebate for us, but no upgrades.

So in my machine, where I first installed CS3, there are 4 seats. And I'm (yet) not using Pr for actual editing. I'm primarily in it for AE.

Erik Lundberg

Technical Director, Media Technology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Apr 30, 2012 at 10:06:48 pm

Here's a professional success story that just hit today.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/adobe/story/premiere_pro_cs6_keith_u...

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
2 million and 1
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:38:16 pm

Can't wait til May 7. Now to decided whether to run Mac or PC?

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: 2 million and 1
on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:41:28 pm

we own 10 seats of master and production...Ill fire up PPro maybe once in a month. Even though it works with R3D, Im too deep into the AMA with Avid and RCXPro to FCPX (using ProRes4444 4K) to care about PPro.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:35:40 am

Well while hopefully I'll never have to fire up an Avid again - I may use FCPX for future project for exactly the same reason 4k 444 ProRes. We'll see how CS6 handles it but happy either way...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:08:55 pm

2 million and 2!

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:41:30 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "2 million and 2!"

2 million and 3! :p

And for anyone who wants to join the club, I found a fantastic deal online. Full retail license Production Premium Bundle 5.5 with free 6.0 upgrade for on $899 download or $999 box with no tax and free shipping. That's up to $1000 off Adobe's price. Mac or PC. My box arrives tomorrow:

http://www.deedshop.com/products/Adobe-Production-Premium-CS5.5-%252d-Full-...

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:51:19 pm

I.... can actually beat that.

I'm getting the license transferred to me tomorrow on a design premium 5.0 that I got for 250 quid off a marketing business guy who's been trying to offload it for six months on gumtree. I have the original invoice in my hands for it. miracle.

250 + 385 for the upgrade to production premium 5.5 before may 7th and bingo - I'm home with a free upgrade to 6.0, lovely new rather astonishingly good premiere that's going to sprout like mushrooms everywhere over the next 12 months, and Speedgrade and alllll the other goodies.

then I grab Symphony before 15th june for 800 quid and that's it - home and dry in time for supper.

yay. I say again - yay.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 29, 2012 at 11:09:02 pm

Sweet!!! :)

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Alex Hawkins
on Apr 30, 2012 at 3:10:08 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "then I grab Symphony before 15th june for 800 quid and that's it - home and dry in time for supper."

Aindreas, you have such an eloquent and entertaining turn of phrase. I love it.

Thanks for the spice.

Alex Hawkins
Canberra, Australia

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on May 3, 2012 at 9:46:42 pm

cheers dude. boon to see new peeps popping in.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:40:17 am

Lol! Yes!

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Apr 29, 2012 at 11:05:26 pm

Why are you posting this in the FCP X or Not forum? Do you hate FCP X?

Return to posts index

Jules bowman
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:46:29 am

Is the answer to your question not in the name of the forum?

Return to posts index

Alex Hawkins
on Apr 30, 2012 at 2:20:28 am

[Jules bowman] "Is the answer to your question not in the name of the forum?"

Excellent. Keep em coming Jules.

Alex Hawkins
Canberra, Australia

Return to posts index

Leo Hans
on Apr 29, 2012 at 11:29:28 pm

I haven't seen any PPro seat in the pro market.
Everybody I know still works with MC or FCP, no one even tried PPro, and they seems more skeptical to PPro than to FCPX.

Leo Hans
Editor AVID - Final Cut Pro
http://www.leohans.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:05:11 am

I've seen hints of the coming Ppro wave into TV.

Last month I was asked to edit my first TV half-hour in Premiere Pro. It was a bumpy ride which I posted about in the Ppro forum, ultimately converting to Avid before the final week of fine-cutting.

However, I remain convinced that Ppro "can do the job" for the most part. I think CS6 will be the first version that, if works as advertised, gives a legitimate choice against Avid. I don't think it will unseat Avid as the market leader, but have some kind of a presence at least.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:39:45 am

Agreed - CS6 will be the big test - it's a completely new beast and looks like Adobe finally is listening to "pro" users but it will take some time to see if it really works in the daily grind of broadcast delivery etc.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 30, 2012 at 7:55:22 am

[Lance Bachelder] "Agreed - CS6 will be the big test - it's a completely new beast and looks like Adobe finally is listening to "pro" users but it will take some time to see if it really works in the daily grind of broadcast delivery etc.
"

We'll see when we get it in the next few days, there's a lot of positive energy being sent in Adobe's direction about CS6 at the moment.

Steve Connor
"FCPX Professional"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:06:21 am

I would think if any outfits were going to switch from FCS3, they would wait for CS6 that has significant improvements, especially when it comes to video out and hopefully, tape and rs422 control.

Cs6 isn't released yet, so it might not happen for a little while, yet.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Apr 30, 2012 at 11:05:01 am

Hi all,

Busy prepping for a demo in Bristol so I will attempt (ha!) to be brief.

- This video is comparatively old and was released almost a year before FCP X shipped.
- Our 2011 Production Premium sales numbers (post FCP X) are not completely public, but I will say that we did very well - on par with what we did in 2010 (the video link at the top)
- Top tier broadcast. We've talked about CNN, BBC, Hearst, etc for a while now. Media General is also there. In the CS6 press release, there is mention of CBS Sports Network, NRK, etc. Here's the link: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/201204/AdobeCS6Prod...
- Point is that YES, we are in top tier broadcast and working hard to get more. Are we #1 - no... but we aspire to be that by continuing to do what many hear have mentioned - listen to our customers and deliver against their needs.
- How software companies count their seats is always a study in funny math as we all know. All three major NLE claim majority share somehow. ;-) I will say that I *think* we are the most transparent. Regardless, well over 2 million seats is a lot by any stretch - all the more when you consider that some companies talk about 2 million seats after 10 years. With a 20+ year history, Premiere Pro numbers would be huge if we counted all the way back to Premiere 1.0! ;-)
- At the end of the day, its what does the tool do for you - not who's tool you're using. I'd rather focus on making the best NLE and edit tool for as many of you as possible rather than worry about who is #1. Adobe feels that if we do the first thing, the other will naturally follow.

Thanks,
Dennis - Adobe

Return to posts index

Franz Bieberkopf
on Apr 30, 2012 at 2:08:51 pm

Dennis had posted this link in another discussion (last week, I think).

I would agree with him that of the numbers posted here recently, this is probably most "transparent" in terms of claims but a few points do need clarification:

First, as Dennis pointed out, this is the year before FCPX release. I assume that means there'll be new numbers soon.

When he's talking growth (30% growth by units year on year, 45% growth by units on mac, year on year) he's talking about "professional video business" so I'm assuming that means CS, AE, and PPro unit counts.

But he's pretty clear about the 2 million number - he says that's "installed seats" of PPro worldwide and doesn't include upgrades, only new copies. Wikipedia tells me PPro was introduced in Aug 2003 so that's 2 million seats in just over 7 years.

Of course we have no idea of how they're used.

[Bill Davis] "Anyone else regularly getting significant work from PPro editors or get calls from clients wanting you to finish work in that program?"

[Neil Patience] Have to say Bill's experience mirrors mine here in the UK - never in 20 years of freelance editing been asked to edit with PP ...

It's amusing to watch the shifts from appeals to statistics to appeals to anecdote as each suits an agenda. I think there's been informal polls here before on NLE use, I suppose we could do with another one ...

[Neil Patience] "As I said earlier probably something like 70/30 Avid - FCP in London."

My experience is similar - Avid and "other" in the labs I work with and majority FCP7 for "offline" uses. I agree with Jeremy (and others), I think the next twelve months will be the shift though

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Apr 30, 2012 at 3:10:23 pm

Its in the wild with both awesome accolades and the obvious demo bug.
Will we ever learn not to delve into new software without first testing on prisoners :(

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?78126-ADOBE-PREMIERE-6-I-HAVE-N...

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Apr 30, 2012 at 4:49:30 pm

"2 million Pr seats in 5 years"

Wasn't it about 5 years ago Adobe finally created a Mac bundle with PS and AE, and oh by the way you get Pr as well. I can tell you that's why we have 40 seats of Pr we don't use. We used to have to buy AE separate from the Design Bundle and that didn't include Pr.

John

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Apr 30, 2012 at 5:03:12 pm

[Eric Santiago] "Its in the wild with both awesome accolades and the obvious demo bug.
Will we ever learn not to delve into new software without first testing on prisoners :("

I didn't see any demo bug other than the fact that the link for downloading a trial was disabled. Am I missing something?

Dennis

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:04:20 pm

Yea sorry I got the DMG for Master Collection off that link.
Installing as I write on a backup Mac Pro.
The bugs Im referring too are the ones mentioned at RedUser.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:35:12 pm

Just read through the Red forum. No bug reported. Some systems report problems but that are basicaly configuration problems.

This is not to say that their aren't any bugs but none are reported on the red forum as of yet.

In fact the general word is great.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:40:23 pm

[Richard Cardonna] "Just read through the Red forum. No bug reported. Some systems report problems but that are basicaly configuration problems. "

I agree.

Seems like it was mostly due to the lack of driver updates from capture card companies.

Considering the software is not released, it's no surprise the capture card companies haven't made drivers available to the public quite yet.

CS6 works differently than CS 5.5 in this regard as it appears there are no more capture card specific sequence settings.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Apr 30, 2012 at 5:00:27 pm

[Franz Bieberkopf] "My experience is similar - Avid and "other" in the labs I work with and majority FCP7 for "offline" uses. I agree with Jeremy (and others), I think the next twelve months will be the shift though
"

Yeah, I see this as well. Because I'm largely in promos/commercials/high-end Sizzles, I work with a variety of GFX artists and creative directors who have asked on and off over the last half-decade or so, why not Premiere? Mostly they ask this because it would make their AE integration easier, and because they've played with it a little bit since they generally have it on their system. I've never felt any actual pressure over it; it has always been more of a lingering question rather than a desire to implement. These are a group of folks who generally respect other's toolset choices, because they are also loathe to explain why they might want to use one 3D modeling tool over another. But still, the question gets asked.

This particular pro segment has been very accepting of FCP 3-7, btw, and is one of the few film/broadcasting niches where FCP may have/have had the lead over Avid in installed seats. Based on what I've seen in the previews of CS6, I would imagine that--over the next year--Premiere will begin to take a healthy chunk of those seats. My guess is that, while Avid will probably regain the lead in this market, I will have to learn Premiere fairly deeply, whether I want to or not. I mean, there's not going to be a good answer to "why not Premiere?" Other than, of course, nobody else is. And I've got a feeling that won't be true for long.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:02:38 pm

One pro area that Premiere Pro has made inroads into is the VFX community as a conduit application. We ignore that, because as editors, we think in terms of creative cutting. A lot of VFX guys use some PPro in their workflows (usually to/from AE), because of the ability to handle EDLs and DPX files. If you check out the motion picture press articles (like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Hugo, Act of Valor), Premiere Pro has been used as a conforming tool in conjunction with AE, even when the creative cut was done on FCP, Avid or Lightworks.

I also know a lot of promo editors who do most of their fancy work in After Effects. The NLE is almost inconsequential. Take a look at the types of new editors hired into broadcast creative services out of school. The number one criteria is invariably knowledge of motion graphics (specifically) AE, more so than the brand of NLE they know. For those folks, PPro is by far the best fit, precisely because of the AE integration.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:27:01 pm

[Oliver Peters] "One pro area that Premiere Pro has made inroads into is the VFX community as a conduit application. We ignore that, because as editors, we think in terms of creative cutting. A lot of VFX guys use some PPro in their workflows (usually to/from AE), because of the ability to handle EDLs and DPX files. If you check out the motion picture press articles (like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Hugo, Act of Valor), Premiere Pro has been used as a conforming tool in conjunction with AE, even when the creative cut was done on FCP, Avid or Lightworks.

I also know a lot of promo editors who do most of their fancy work in After Effects. The NLE is almost inconsequential. Take a look at the types of new editors hired into broadcast creative services out of school. The number one criteria is invariably knowledge of motion graphics (specifically) AE, more so than the brand of NLE they know. For those folks, PPro is by far the best fit, precisely because of the AE integration.
"

I agree with almost everything you are saying, though maybe not about Motion GFX being THE number one criteria for an editor. Certainly, it is potentially high up there, and I've gotten very good millage for having acceptable gfx and compositing skills. For any one-man-band, its very important, but for large "broadcast creative services--"where gfx are generally handled by a different department-- I'd say the chief criteria is still A) the demonstrated ability to tell a compelling story in a minuscule amount of time, B) to be able to do so with extremely short turn-around, and C) to make alterations to that work under a great deal of pressure and in a very limited timeframe.

The other two elements that are, to my mind, equal with gfx skills are the ability to write and produce. Again, this is more for the small shop or one man band, since in "broadcast creative services" those positions are generally held by others, as well.

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Apr 30, 2012 at 6:39:58 pm

There is a Swiss guy in the red forum running a hackintosh hp z800 reporting excellent performance

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?78126-ADOBE-PREMIERE-6-I-HAVE-N...

luigivaltulini
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

installed redrocket for testing.
Red Epic file 5k...

all work in full resolution (playback, transition, blur,sharp ... ecc ecc)
Fantastic.

hack hp z800
lion 10.7.3
gtx 590
48 gb ram

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 30, 2012 at 7:14:09 pm

[Chris Harlan] " though maybe not about Motion GFX being THE number one criteria for an editor."

That's not exactly what I said - at least not as an absolute. This situation primarily applies to local broadcast affiliates and cable head ends around the country. They are looking for new (cheaper) blood and generally AE knowledge is more important than editing knowledge for the people who cut their local spots and local promos. A lot of these stations no longer have a dedicated graphics department (excluding news) unless they are running a website as a separate revenue center.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Apr 30, 2012 at 7:45:03 pm

[Oliver Peters] "That's not exactly what I said - at least not as an absolute. This situation primarily applies to local broadcast affiliates and cable head ends around the country. They are looking for new (cheaper) blood and generally AE knowledge is more important than editing knowledge for the people who cut their local spots and local promos. A lot of these stations no longer have a dedicated graphics department (excluding news) unless they are running a website as a separate revenue center.

- Oliver
"

That's undoubtedly true. We are in agreement. I bet, though, they are looking for folks who can write good copy, too.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 30, 2012 at 7:52:37 pm

[Chris Harlan] "I bet, though, they are looking for folks who can write good copy, too."

Yes. The writer-producer-director-videographer-designer-editor model for $1.98.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 1, 2012 at 2:25:00 pm

Oh...by the way...and it's only 38 hours a week, so they don't have to pay for health insurance.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]