FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS6: on Monday all will be revealed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
CS6: on Monday all will be revealed
on Apr 22, 2012 at 2:20:05 am

Over at the Premiere Pro forum, a guy named Ron Pestes posted this:

For those of you who were at NAB you will recall that the Adobe guys said due to legal reasons they could not give a definate answer about the CS 6 release date. However, on the last day one of them told me "pay attention on Monday". Has anyone heard anything more?

Todd Kopriva then responded by saying that on Monday at 10 a.m. there was a live event scheduled, in which details about the Creative Cloud and Creative Suite 6 would be given. He then gave a link to a page on Adobe's site that talks about it:

http://www.adobe.com/special/cs6/launch-event-desktop.html

So it appears all will be known shortly, which is good to see. Hopefully they'll have a trial version of PPro CS6 up soon...

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: CS6: on Monday all will be revealed
on Apr 22, 2012 at 9:47:46 am

The invite I had sounds like it might be an actual release.

Steve Connor
"FCPX Professional"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 22, 2012 at 7:48:45 pm

Greg,

Though I have no definitive inside information, I am at liberty to divulge that there is presently a fairly well-publicized Abobe promotion, which entitles anyone to a free CS6 upgrade if you buy, udate, or crossgrade to CS5.5 through Sunday, May 6th.

I personally have no idea if that has any implications about anything that might be happening Monday, May 7th, but it could. :)

For the record, my crystal ball gazing and tea leaf reading are only about 50% accurate, at best, so don't bank on me in this case.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Apr 22, 2012 at 9:45:37 pm

David Roth Weiss there is presently a fairly well-publicized Abobe promotion, which entitles anyone to a free CS6 upgrade if you buy, udate, or crossgrade to CS5.5 through Sunday, May 6th.

Ah yes, I remember seeing something about that. My crystal ball may be inaccurate as well, but based on past experience I'm now guessing tomorrow, April 23rd, will be the official announcement (CS5.5 info on Adobe site replaced with CS6), and on May 7th it will be available. Then around a month or so after that the CS6 free trials will be posted.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Apr 22, 2012 at 10:02:55 pm

[David Roth Weiss] " I am at liberty to divulge that there is presently a fairly well-publicized Abobe promotion, which entitles anyone to a free CS6 upgrade if you buy, udate, or crossgrade to CS5.5 through Sunday, May 6th. "

Yup, I done did it.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 23, 2012 at 4:33:39 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the feature set of this.

And I honestly hope it's fine software and meets the needs of many, many editors.

But I will also point out that if this was a rollout for Apple - there would be countless loud voices here speculating (unfairly I might add) that the fact that they couldn't do this in time for NAB is a clear sign that the entire development effort is understaffed, underfunded, and a sure sign of the ineptness of everything the dev team stands for. Hundreds of post would follow trying to to parse out what caused the "delay" - why this important software wan't totally finished and ready for prime time for a formal roll-out at NAB.

Those voices would have been wrong - and for whoever reasons Adobe chooses to release their software whenever and however they choose is up to them - and I don't think it means squat.

And for the formal record, I personally hope CS-6 launches and is a success. I believe more good choices are always better than fewer in any marketplace.

But if it was an Apple release you can bet your boots all of that would be part of the discussion here.

Just sayin'.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Apr 23, 2012 at 5:46:42 am

Bill Davis if this was a rollout for Apple - there would be countless loud voices here speculating (unfairly I might add) that the fact that they couldn't do this in time for NAB is a clear sign that the entire development effort is understaffed, underfunded, and a sure sign of the ineptness of everything the dev team stands for. Hundreds of post would follow trying to to parse out what caused the "delay" - why this important software wan't totally finished and ready for prime time for a formal roll-out at NAB.

Those voices would have been wrong - and for whoever reasons Adobe chooses to release their software whenever and however they choose is up to them - and I don't think it means squat.

While I know you're mostly speculating about Apple here, I don't think it's fair to make a comparison between Apple and Adobe when it comes to a launch like this.

Keep in mind that unlike Final Cut Studio, the Creative Suite has several different versions and only one of them is specifically targeting video production. So making sure the whole thing aligns perfectly with NAB probably isn't as high a priority for them as we'd like it to be.

I think they did a great job of keeping the editing crowd informed though- they came here and provided links to information that hadn't been formally announced yet, and also answered questions about the upcoming release. That, to me, was pretty significant.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:11:01 am

Bill, I don't think anyone expects release software to roll out the door from the floor of NAB. If CS6 is released by the end of June and is half baked then sure, the way is open for the sort of critique that greeted FCPX.

I suspect the bulk of the advance critique that FCPX received from NAB 2011 to the release date was because the Supermeet preview provided so many unanswered questions. Adobe & Autodesk seem to have a lot of support videos plus in depth demos that don't leave such unanswered questions. I mean Denis was inviting questions and actually answering them.

There has been lots of chatter here about CS6 and Smoke so the only difference I see between this NAB and last is the relative lack of negativity towards CS6 and Smoke. I put this down to the way both Adobe & Autodesk have handled the release. Apple frankly deserved the level of critique in the way the software was teased and released - not due to some self imagined 'game changing paradigm'.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:13:32 am

[Bill Davis] "But I will also point out that if this was a rollout for Apple - there would be countless loud voices here speculating (unfairly I might add) that the fact that they couldn't do this in time for NAB is a clear sign that the entire development effort is understaffed, underfunded, and a sure sign of the ineptness of everything the dev team stands for. Hundreds of post would follow trying to to parse out what caused the "delay" - why this important software wan't totally finished and ready for prime time for a formal roll-out at NAB. "

Bill, that's just crazy talk. Most of the people here were solid Apple supporters before the release of X and have/had been solid, patient FCP supporters through all types of release/upgrade mishaps, for many years. And, I think you know that.

Return to posts index

Jules bowman
on Apr 23, 2012 at 10:36:00 am

Wow, Bill, that is the best you've ever posted.

In fact, given you can now communicate with absolutely authority for both yourself and everyone else, this forum is pretty much done. You can just post both sides of the debate with us certain in the knowledge that you are absolutely correct, in an almost godlike way, and we can just read the outcome.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 25, 2012 at 12:53:55 am

[Jules bowman] "Wow, Bill, that is the best you've ever posted.

In fact, given you can now communicate with absolutely authority for both yourself and everyone else, this forum is pretty much done. You can just post both sides of the debate with us certain in the knowledge that you are absolutely correct, in an almost godlike way, and we can just read the outcome.

"

Both castigated and humbled, my only recourse is to go back to posting from a totally polarized view, I guess.

I will henceforth play the same game as others here, posting only after each and every one of my thoughts has been fully vetted to give no quarter to any viewpoint other than my own.

Thanks for showing me the way Jules.

And how silly of me to try to express sympathy or appreciation for any other software company or approach in a posting.

Whatever was I thinking?!?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]