FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Jumping the Shark"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
"Jumping the Shark"
on Apr 21, 2012 at 6:52:59 pm

This may or may not relate to FCP, depending on your point of view.
But I found it very interesting, and since it had to do with a show that was broadcast on TV after being edited (probably on a steenbeck or something), I thought I'd post it here.

Over on MacRumors there was a story about how Phil Schiller thinks that Instagram "Jumped the Shark" when they went to Android, and in the comments someone asked what the phrase meant. Then someone said it refers to when the quality of a show is in decline, and they do some sort of wacky stunt to retain viewership.

Someone else mentioned it started because of an episode of "Happy Days" where Fonzy was water skiing and actually did jump over a shark. Then they posted a link to the video on YouTube. Seeing that was interesting- I've heard that phrase many times and I knew what it meant, but I never knew where it came from.

For anyone else who was curious about why we say a TV show "Jumped the Shark", here's your answer...

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: "Jumping the Shark"
on Apr 22, 2012 at 11:35:14 am

Never knew that!

Steve Connor
"FCPX Professional"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]