FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen/Chroma Key

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David A Fenton
Green Screen/Chroma Key
on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:57:49 am

Has anyone tried Chroma Key in Final Cut Pro X?...if so... does it allow you to apply filters to the keyed footage? (didn't seem possible in iMovie)

Return to posts index

Greg Penetrante
Re: Green Screen/Chroma Key
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:29:37 am

Yes you can apply filters to the keyed footage. Just tried it. The trick is the keyer must be the first in the effects stack.

Return to posts index

David A Fenton
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:42:09 am

great thanks...taking the plunge....

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Jun 28, 2011 at 4:05:30 pm

Can you tell me what kind of results you've got with the keyer in X? I've always felt that FCP's keyer was inferior to Adobe's and I'm hoping there has been an improvement. I'm not a big user of Premier, but I can get a perfect key using their plug in within about 30 seconds, whereas I can never get one of the same quality in FCP.

Dragzz

Return to posts index

John Godwin
on Jun 28, 2011 at 5:05:33 pm

FWIW, I was playing with a greenscreen shot last night, and just dropped the keying effect on it and the key was perfect. The shot was done right, so that surely helped, but I was really happy with that key. I don't happen to have any badly shot greenscreen around so I don't know how it would work if the shot itself needed a lot of cleanup.

Best,
John

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:00:17 pm

The key I had shot is excellent. I was still getting jaggies in FCP Studio though. When I brought the same footage into Premiere it keyed out perfectly.

I'm glad to hear the keyer has been upgraded in X. That may be a big enough reason on its own for me to jump into X. I know there has been a lot of negative talk about X, and I'm sorry to hear it won't open FCP Studio files, but the rest of the interface, and the work it does behind the scenes looks pretty promising to me.

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Kevin DeShields
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:10:28 am

too bad there isn't a simple "drop shadow" filter....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]