FORUMS: list search recent posts

Take a Deep Breath...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Holmes
Take a Deep Breath...
on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:37:16 am

Hi everyone.

So - we got FCPX today. It is no more and no less what we saw two months ago. It will not do everything we need it to. Not yet. Will it eventually? Probably - maybe not.

I know that I haven't given it a proper chance yet. Initially I was underwhelmed. Then panicked. Then I realised I'd only stuck it on a two year old laptop with mobile graphics, a CoreDuo and 4th RAM. Not terribly fair.

Tomorrow I hope to install it on a brand new i7 iMac with 16gb ram. Then (in-between a very busy few days of editing) I'm going to play with it. As much as I can.

Take a deep breath, step away from this hysteria and do the same. I'll be honest, FCPX already has an uphill battle to convince me - but I think it deserves a chance, because it might be something special.

If, like me, your living depends on making the right choices over the next few months, keep your head clear, and your mind open.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Ben

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/community/communitydetails/?UserStoryId=87...

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
Re: Take a Deep Breath...
on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:50:38 am

I agree. its 1.0 for crying out loud. I think its just the shock value (myself included) at the basic things they left out and put in...I mean Export to facebook.....really apple? really....

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:07:10 am

As someone who is just completing a feature film, export options like this are great for Trailers. This wouldn't be a complaint by miles from my standpoint. Social media is a great tool in itself for promotion, and if there is an integration to make things transition smoother from an NLE to that medium, I say kudos!

Return to posts index

Paul Nordin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:25:43 am

Wow, Jamie, you are very forgiving and a glass half-full kind of person. I'm also finishing a feature. For me rending a h264 trailer for Facebook or YouTube is not a big deal. But not being able to send an XML to Davinci for color correction, or AE for titles...now that is a huge problem. All I can conclude is that they dont care about that problem, they are solving problems for a different type of user than me, and thats who they built the software for.

Emeryville, CA

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:13:45 am

Read the rest of my posts from today and you'll find me the least bit worried about social media integration and completely stunned at the new Imovie "Pro"...

I hope they offer refunds...

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Jun 22, 2011 at 4:36:54 am

They might, in your dreams. Remember, this is the almighty APPLE ;-)

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / FCP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]