FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing different Pal and NTSC files to FC X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Humberto Nascimento
importing different Pal and NTSC files to FC X
on Apr 16, 2012 at 9:43:02 pm

Hello. I hope someone will be able to help me with this. I've contacted Apple but they seem to know even less than I do...

I imported two different kinds of files to final cut X: 720 60p and 1080 25p. NTSC and Pal.
My problem is that they don't play well together. The 25 p file plays real bad and is completely out of sync. That is , when the image doesn't freeze...

But if I import those very same files to FC 7 they play just fine together. All I need to do is to render the audio. I tried, on final cut X, different options such as optimised, proxy. Nothing works. Is there anything I can do, apart from dislike fc X more and more?

Return to posts index

Gerald Baria
Re: importing different Pal and NTSC files to FC X
on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:22:36 am

We edit PAL and NTSC footage on the same timeline all the time and havent experienced any problems..either on the iMac 27ins, MBP 13, and my home hackintosh. We use 25p 1080,50p 1080 with 60p 1080 and 24p 1080 all the time. What are the project properties your using..use the least framerate that you'll use..in your case 25p..and everything should conform to that. (Custom Settings)

Quobetah
New=Better

Return to posts index

Humberto Nascimento
on Apr 17, 2012 at 9:43:20 am

Thanks for your post. Well, things are worse than I thought. I just can't play a file even if I import only one single file. The file is 1080 25p. The codec is XDCAM EX 35 Mb/s. There is a warning about dropping frames. I did try, before writing my thread, optimising and proxy. Nothing works. My camera is a JVC HM 700, which is compatible with final cut X.

I have no problems playing the very same files on final cut 7...

My mac is a macbook pro 17 " mid 2009. The processor is 3.06 GHz and it is 7200 rpm.
Final Cut X is the last update from one week ago and my os is the latest lion's update. I did all lessons
from Diana Weynand's book and the videos played fine, although it was strange sometimes.

I was going to buy Adobe and keep the final cut X but it looks like I will end up trying to get my money back from Apple. Unless, of course, someone can explain what is happening and why I can't play the files on final cut X but can play the files on final cut 7 and could play the files from Ms. Weynand's book on final cut x.

Return to posts index

Humberto Nascimento
on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:14:21 am

It seems that the problem is with the compatibility between my camera, JVC HM 700, and final cut X.
Apple says that they are compatible but, then again, Apple says that final cut x is revolutionary and built from the ground when fc x is clearly based on iMovie and has many of iMovie's features and buttons...
I will need to write a different thread to see if I can sort this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]