FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unofficial NAB theme for 2012 - "Everything changes Everything!"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Davis
Unofficial NAB theme for 2012 - "Everything changes Everything!"
on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:07:17 pm

I'm still at the airport, but kinda wish I has access to a tee-shirt printer about now...

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Unofficial NAB theme for 2012 - "Everything changes Everything!"
on Apr 16, 2012 at 7:37:47 pm

Or more accurately:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

That's what my T-shirt would read. As usual, a 2% increase in processor speed, for example "rocks", "screams".... you know the usual hyperbole.

So SMOKE is now what "SHAKE" could have been if it had an editor interface and worked in true 3
D. Mocha will still probably be better for generating 3D tracks and rotoshapes --which is something that tends to get really glossed over with all these gee-whiz demos that consist of completely pre-processed elements. "I can compose some really awesome light-ray effects using this sandwich of pre-roto'ed, cleaned-up layers and 3D models, literally in seconds"!... except for the couple of days it took to get the elements ready and layered up to get to this point! How "Microsoft" of them.

For real paradigm-shift... and shift does happen... I'm waiting for someone to re-invent "fire" so that it could be nasally fitted, and I don't mean accidentally touching one's nostril after preparing some habaneros. That would be a game changer.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]