FORUMS: list search recent posts

Huge FCPX update in the pipeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dobson
Huge FCPX update in the pipeline
on Apr 16, 2012 at 6:25:36 am

Larry Jordan met with Apple and brings us news of a huge update later this year.

http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/wordpress/archives/1800

New features will include - wait for it - Dual Monitors, Multi Channel Audio Editing, MXF plugin support and Red Camera support.

Larry also tried to get some info about new hardware but Apple did not provide any information.

Surely this will be a 10.1 update?

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
Re: Huge FCPX update in the pipeline
on Apr 16, 2012 at 6:26:52 am

Ha - should have looked down the page!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 16, 2012 at 6:32:27 am

LIfe is all about....

timing.

(BTW, It looks like there's a different guy blogging under Bill Davis in the response stream to Larry's Blog - the curse of a common name - no relation.)

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Apr 16, 2012 at 2:25:36 pm

[Bill Davis] "(BTW, It looks like there's a different guy blogging under Bill Davis in the response stream to Larry's Blog - the curse of a common name - no relation.)"

If I'm not mistaken, he was on this forum for some time in the past. Took me awhile to realize it wasn't you...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 16, 2012 at 3:15:58 pm

Yep, that's me! I've had a few emails about the confusion as well. Bill Davis is indeed a common name, but two Bill Davises who are both deeply into Apple based post production? Uncanny. :)

I haven't been too active on the Cow recently, but I go back to the frontier days of FCP when I installed version 2.0 in an Avid centric facility in 2001 and haven't looked back. It was a bumpy road for a few years- a lot of beta testing, restarting, and hand wringing for a while there, but eventually around v 4.5 FCP really smoothed out and I spent more time editing and less time reading and posting here.

The shakeup of FCP X has brought me back, and that's a good thing. This past year has introduced us to some of the best editing and compositing options that we've ever had access to. Autodesk Smoke for Mac at today's price point and feature set would probably not have happened had Apple not hit the reset button. Avid MC 6.0 with open hardware support and FCP crossgrade options? The rise of Premiere Pro? And not to mention the very rapidly evolving FCP X itself.

These are exciting times to be in this line of work!

Bill

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:02:46 pm

Hi Bill, Bill here.

Just realize that if people get a bit confrontational with you, it's not actually you.

It's me.

For months, it seamed that I was one of the very few that didn't see X as a plot to destroy the entire video editing industry.
And if you typically write less than 5000 words per post, and try to avoid the use of simile and metaphore, folks here should be able to keep us sorted out.

Welcome back.

BTW, if you're at NAB today, feel free to drop by the informal gathering at the Hilton referenced last week. The more the merrier.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]