FORUMS: list search recent posts

Full new features list for PrPro CS6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cherniack
Full new features list for PrPro CS6
on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:56:30 am

http://success.adobe.com/assets/en/downloads/guides/Pr_CS6_WN_Reveal.pdf

All of them are great. My personal favorite is the CUDA (and openCL) real time (after background analysis) Warp stabilization. Having played with it and used it under fire, it is astonishing, a miracle worker for shakey shots. While it won't save complete garbage it will save your ass.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Schickler
Re: Full new features list for PrPro CS6
on Apr 12, 2012 at 12:07:23 pm

OpenCL! Great news! Adobe is full speed ahead into the Mac market. Can't wait to see CS6 running accelerated on my Core i7 with 2 GB AMD graphics card! Breathing a big sigh of relief that I don't need to switch to Windows some time in the future...

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on Apr 12, 2012 at 12:13:38 pm

In the linked acrobat file it mentions "new support for
OpenCL-based AMD GPUs on certain MacBook Pro computers". I would guess that doesn't mean Mac Pros.....

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Schickler
on Apr 12, 2012 at 12:25:44 pm

I'm using a mid-2011 iMac with the new 6970M, so even though it doesn't say it explicitly, I would guess that it is supported, but we'll see.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 12, 2012 at 3:18:53 pm

Someone else asked this about a new iMac and the Adobe person said no - their card was NOT supported! Just the 2 cards they mention used in certain MacBook Pro's. So my 5770 in my Mac Pro is NOT supported which kinda sucks...

But I have no problem building an uber PC workstation if I end up liking the software. A new 6 core i7 with SSD, nVidia GTX680 graphics card, 32GB RAM etc etc can be built for around 2 grand...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on Apr 12, 2012 at 12:34:59 pm

and here's a link to Todd Kopriva's post in the Premiere Forum

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/923163

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

alban egger
on Apr 12, 2012 at 1:00:55 pm

Premiere is clearly not aimed at the Pro market anymore. I read something like a "rolling shutter filter". I mean who would ever need something that is only needed for DSLR shooters and those with pre-2012 cameras as such.
It also only runs on the newest MacBooks with Lion; what should all the big houses with their old FCP7-Snow Leopard-boxes do now? They will have to move to AVID. What a joke.

****sarcasm off*****

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 12, 2012 at 7:29:42 pm

[alban egger] "Premiere is clearly not aimed at the Pro market anymore. I read something like a "rolling shutter filter". I mean who would ever need something that is only needed for DSLR shooters and those with pre-2012 cameras as such."

No disrespect intended, but a lot of pros shoot DSLR these days. An astonishing amount actually. It was a huge feature request too, and we honor the most popular requests on every release. Just because we have some features for prosumer users, we're very focused on the pro market. You can see for yourself with a fully functioning trial version coming soon.

[alban egger] "It also only runs on the newest MacBooks with Lion; what should all the big houses with their old FCP7-Snow Leopard-boxes do now? They will have to move to AVID. What a joke."

Open CL support is just at the beginning. You can expect that we'll add more cards in the future. Give it some time. You would not believe how much engineering it took just to do what we did. No joke, no joke at all, actually. Serious hard work by talented people.

This is a great release for Premiere Pro. It's certainly not perfect, no NLE is. If you have a feature request for more Open CL cards, by all means, make a request:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:03:50 pm

[alban egger] "Premiere is clearly not aimed at the Pro market anymore. I read something like a "rolling shutter filter". I mean who would ever need something that is only needed for DSLR shooters and those with pre-2012 cameras as such."

a) You either haven't read the full feature list of CS6 or...

b) you obviously don't know that many of us use DSLR's in support of our commercial and broadcast production or....

c) you're just trolling.

The new Premiere is clearly aimed at the pro market.

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions
http://www.php.com.au

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:38:25 pm

Relax guys.

He was making a joke about the initial reaction to FCPX in this very forum we are virtually standing in.

When that came out, it was all about how unprofessional it was due to some automated features, like rolling shutter repair. That is all.

He also did the FCPX megatest right when it came out: http://fcpxmegatest.blogspot.com/

He clearly signed his post ****sarcasm off****

It's OK. It's a bloodbath in here sometimes.

Return to posts index

Peter Corbett
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:45:16 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Relax guys.

He was making a joke about the initial reaction to FCPX in this very forum we are virtually standing in.

When that came out, it was all about how unprofessional it was due to some automated features, like rolling shutter repair. That is all.

He also did the FCPX megatest right when it came out: http://fcpxmegatest.blogspot.com/

He clearly signed his post ****sarcasm off****

It's OK. It's a bloodbath in here sometimes."

Oops. ****red face on****

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions
http://www.php.com.au

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Apr 12, 2012 at 1:01:52 pm

Nice. My macbook pro has one of the videocards that they specify for OpenCL.

Return to posts index

Mike Molenda
on Apr 12, 2012 at 1:06:53 pm

Lots of big "FINALLY"s - Timeline trimming, Warp Stabilizer in Premiere, Extruded text in AE (how long have people been asking for THAT one?), OpenCL support.

And does anyone else suddenly have the urge to dig out their old Hot Wheels?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:03:05 pm

Oh, and for those looking at the Production Premium CS6 bundle, here's what's coming down the pike there:

http://success.adobe.com/en/na/programs/events/1203_16108_nab.html

And if you upgrade to CS5.5 within the next couple of days, the CS6 upgrade is free, and the upgrade is 10 percent off:

http://www.adobe.com/products/discount-software-coupons.html?promoid=JOPDA

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:37:58 pm

Interesting that all the comments on Premiere Pro CS 6 are in the refuge FCP 7 Forum! (the Premiere Pro forum has one mention and one comment as of 1030am Eastern time) If this is a hit, Adobe may get the lions share of formally loyal, but now disaffected FCP 7 editors as new customers.

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 12, 2012 at 3:23:32 pm

I was just thinking the same thing lol! Not much action at all in the Adobe forums, but here in FCPXland, just hours after Apple updates their NLE, Adobe is getting all the attention. Nice pre-NAB leak Adobe...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Apr 12, 2012 at 3:15:43 pm

I think I saw that Videoguys has it fir even less but that may be over now. They were promoting it as "buy now, get 6 free". I upgraded from 5 to 5.5 for around $400 around the end of last year to get ready for 6 and not have to pay through the teeth for that upgrade. Now I'm feeling a little burned. Wonder how much the upgrade from 5.5 to 6 will cost me now? Hope it's reasonable. Anyone heard anything?

Return to posts index

Frank Gothmann
on Apr 12, 2012 at 4:13:08 pm

[Tony Brittan] "Wonder how much the upgrade from 5.5 to 6 will cost me now? Hope it's reasonable. Anyone heard anything?"

I should be the price for the usual 1-generation jump: around 399.

------
"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
iTunes End User Licence Agreement

Return to posts index

Gary Bettan
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:32:38 pm

We are still running the promotion:

Attention Adobe Editors! Now is the time to make sure all of your existing software is up to date. Buy now to take advantage of significant savings and get upgraded to the new Adobe CS6 at no additional cost!

If you own, or have been considering the Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium here are the reasons to order now:

1) Buy at today's prices and get CS6 upgrade at no additional cost
2) All Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium Purchases from Videoguys.com now include two FREE Bonuses! Red Giant Magic Bullet QuickLooks software Plug-in ($89 Value) and a Class On Demand Black Card for 1 free training title (up to $149 value) are yours FREE while supplies last!
3) Adobe upgrade tiers and discount levels are based on how many versions back from the current software you are.

http://www.videoguys.com/Blog/E/Adobe+CS6+is+coming+soon+Buy+now+and+save/0...

Gary

COW members get 5% OFF with Coupon COW5OFF

http://www.videoguys.com 800 323-2325 | We are the video editing and production experts!

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:47:23 pm

Well, then...you're welcome Gary! See, I do pay attention to your emails for specials. Sad that I bought it back a few months ago and now won't get the free upgrade to 6!!!! I thought I was doing the right thing and getting that update while it was hot so that I could get the best deal going to 6.

If anyone (Adobe / Videoguys) wants to help a Brutha out with any kind of discount when 6 is release, I sure wouldn't have any hesitations to take advantage of that! ;-)

Tony Brittan
Owner - Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 12, 2012 at 3:08:02 pm

[David Cherniack] "Warp stabilization."

It is seriously amazing and nice that's it's now in PPro.

Dynamic Link is also a very nice feature, I know it's been there for a while, but the improvements are very welcome.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:44:51 pm

CS6 looks very good, lot's of excellent additions and changes for the better and it looks very much what FCP8 might have been, I'm looking forward to getting it.

Let's hope stability is good right from the start.

Steve Connor
"FCPX Professional"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:02:54 pm

Just noticed it has skimming, sorry - "hover scrubbing" Liking it even more now

Steve Connor
"FCPX Professional"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:05:55 pm

[Steve Connor] "Just noticed it has skimming, sorry - "hover scrubbing" Liking it even more now"

The hover scrubbing is awesome.

You can even mark in and out on the thumbnails.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:27:16 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "You can even mark in and out on the thumbnails."

And they even seem to be persistent. Crazy huh? ;)

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:40:28 pm

[David Lawrence] "And they even seem to be persistent. Crazy huh? ;)"

Oy.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:47:06 pm

And when I say oy, I mean you still haven't figured out favorites. You can have multiple ins and outs on any clip in FCPX, which you can't in PPro. :P

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:57:17 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "And when I say oy, I mean you still haven't figured out favorites. You can have multiple ins and outs on any clip in FCPX, which you can't in PPro. :P"

LOL, I know about favorites and keywords. Just having some fun, maybe my sarcasm didn't come thru ;) Wonder if PP does range export :p ;)

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 12, 2012 at 7:54:55 pm

Well it does do range rendering and you can now turn off the "workspace" bar and use in/outs like FCP7. I would assume you might be able to export the area since it will render it?

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:34:04 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "Well it does do range rendering and you can now turn off the "workspace" bar and use in/outs like FCP7. I would assume you might be able to export the area since it will render it?"

Yeah, never been a fan of the workspace bar so this is a welcome addition. Can't wait to try.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 12, 2012 at 9:20:30 pm

this is just a giggles day.

Premiere is pretty damn killer, the trim tools are so good I barely understand them, annnd I'm about to get symphony, actual in the flesh AVID SYMPHONY for eight hundred quid.

I'm sorry but what?

yaaaaaaay.

I will have my cake now please.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

David Gaudio
on Apr 12, 2012 at 10:22:51 pm

What's amazing is that skimming and marking an in and an out in the "browser" is something the Discreet Edit did in 1998...and I've been waiting for it to happen in FCP for a decade, to no avail. Now, Adobe has brought it back - great!

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Apr 12, 2012 at 10:53:02 pm

FCP did scrubbing in thumbnails in 1999. No marking though.

Return to posts index

David Gaudio
on Apr 13, 2012 at 1:29:59 am

Forgot about the scrubbing feature that had been added. Quite frankly, because the thumbnails are so small in FCP, it really didn't make much of a difference to me. The playable picons in Discreet Edit were much larger and clearer.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 12, 2012 at 7:32:57 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "The hover scrubbing is awesome.

You can even mark in and out on the thumbnails."

However, you can't mark in and out while hover scrubbing. You have to click on the thumbnail first, and then you can JKL/IO. Hover Scrubbing is merely for previewing clips.

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Jules bowman
on Apr 12, 2012 at 10:18:54 pm

No magnetic timeline. Still got tracks. They obviously weren't holding it right when they were designing it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]