FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some pre NAB CS6 info including Speedgrade integration

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Gissing
Some pre NAB CS6 info including Speedgrade integration
on Apr 12, 2012 at 4:36:57 am

This just turned up. It is the first pre NAB leak that talks about Speedgrade integration that I have seen. Plus there are a whole lot of videos about other CS6 features.

http://success.adobe.com/en/na/programs/events/1203_16108_nab.html

Looks officially Adobe. Perhaps it is a web page that was meant to be hidden for a few more days

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Some pre NAB CS6 info including Speedgrade integration
on Apr 12, 2012 at 4:52:01 am

It's legit. Here's a multicam tutorial:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:08:11 am

Wow nice find Michael! Though this seems to be a sneak-peek version with more time spent on Jason Levine's talking head than the programs....

Some cool stuff though for sure - send to Speedgrade, Adjustment Layers on timeline, OpenCL support so non-nVidia users get some love, improved 3-way corrector, great thumbnails with "skimming!" etc.

Gonna be a crazy NAB!

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:13:51 am

Have you spotted the rolling shutter fix in PP & AE yet? The integration with Kona/ Decklink & Matrox? I am looking forward to better details and less talking heads but wow, a nice heads up indeed

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:16:37 am

Prelude looks like an interesting tool. File metadata tagging, subclipping, basic rough cuts that can be exported to PP and FCP.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:23:05 am

Very encouraging. Fingers crossed!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:54:41 am

[David Lawrence] "Very encouraging. Fingers crossed!
"

Yeah, its good looking stuff.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:42:55 am

yep, I personally like this an awful lot.

vastly improved interface, vastly improved bin, clip operation, open CL support (!) their own iteration of Ubillos's long lost first Cut meta data tagger, top flight colour correction suite built in, radically improved audio, adjustment layers (yay!)

and they've done an absolute ton of work on the trim tools:

realtime jkl trim tool editing with looping playback stuff and all. tons of new keyboard driven editing and the rest basically looks very magic menu, which is just dandy with me.

Fair play to them. Adobe have worked like absolute crazy here. Given the quantum leap this suite has taken, and the norms it adheres to - isn't it really easy to see this as an editing industry mainstay within 12-18 months? It's very easy to imagine this application getting incrementally stronger and stronger and stronger.

I stand by what I said - I really do think this will eat the FCP market segment alive over the guts of the next two years.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos
http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:25:06 am

The whole package looks better. The PPro interface is what we were hoping for with FCP8! I mean they've really gone a long way here - huge improvements in every area. Love the bright Avid-style clip colors on the timeline too - always hated the pastel labeling in past versions.

Really anxious to see it in action and hope it actually works as advertised! Be interesting to see upgrade/crossgrade cost. Adobe has not been too friendly in this dept. in the past.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:00:15 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] " Here's a multicam tutorial:"

Well that was a totally uninspiring tutorial. Based on that demo I have no idea if it's a usable feature or not. The plus is unlimited angles. The negatives, so far, are a fairly complex setup procedure and the need for a dedicated "record" window. I'm hoping there is a lot more depth than what was shown here.

It would be nice for some company to understand that a multicam demo featuring a music video is incredibly uninformative to an experienced multicam editor - music cut downs are the easiest thing in the world to do and don't demonstrate, at all, the depth and complexity of a multicam feature. Sheesh, that was depressing.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Apr 12, 2012 at 7:41:59 pm

It's only the first tutorial, many are coming. Multicam features include: Easier to set up multicam sequence, and unlimited angles (based on your system). You do need the Multicam monitor up when editing, but you can use shortcuts.

While not perfect, multicam workflow has certainly improved over CS5.5. I'd love to see your feature requests: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:03:40 pm

[Kevin Monahan] "While not perfect, multicam workflow has certainly improved over CS5.5. I'd love to see your feature requests:"

I've written about this many times but the basic rule is that everything I can do with a normal clip I should be able to do with a multiclip - match frame, trim, insert/overwrite to the timeline, audio edits from any channel independent of video (to name a few) - in addition to the obvious multicam features of being able to choose camera angles and audio sources. Along with that it is very helpful to have sync indicators between the audio and the multiclip.

[Kevin Monahan] "It's only the first tutorial, many are coming."

One of the basics left out of the tutorial is how it deals with discontinuous shots; Cam A shoots for 5 minutes, Cam B shoots five 20 second clips during that time - will the multiclip be able to sync the cam-b shots all as one angle, or will it need 5 different angles to handle it. This is a basic feature and neither the demos nor the PDFs give any clue.

I guess the problem is that most of the tutorials are focused on teaching a novice. I need to get my hands on it to see how it functions for me. Unfortunately I can't get to NAB this year.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

David McGavran
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:25:22 am

Here is a comprehensive list of new stuff:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/

A bunch of us will be answering your questions at NAB some come say hi.

Cheers

Dave

Return to posts index

Phillip Mortimer
on Apr 12, 2012 at 10:32:04 am

Looks great. Will there be a any built in video noise-reduction tools in either Premiere or After Effects?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 12, 2012 at 1:44:01 pm

I didn't read or see any mention of denoising but there is more to be formally revealed. They do mention sharpening and rolling shutter fixing plugins.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:01:28 pm

[Phillip Mortimer] "Will there be a any built in video noise-reduction tools in either Premiere or After Effects?"

AE has had a built-in Remove Grain effect [link] for years.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:58:42 am

Lance Bachelder "this seems to be a sneak-peek version with more time spent on Jason Levine's talking head than the programs...."

If you click on Premiere Pro in the "what's Inside" list on the right, you'll see a very detailed PDF that describes all the new features.

A few that stood out to me:

- improved trim tools
- trimming and color correction during playback
- unlimited multicam angles
- Mercury Engine support on MacBook Pro using OpenCL
- If I see the words "Sleek new interface" one more time I'm going to scream- But it does look really nice.

So far, PPro CS6 looks simply amazing overall. This is the biggest upgrade to Premiere since it first changed into Premiere Pro...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]