FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid and eyeon Fusion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Soyka
Avid and eyeon Fusion
on Apr 11, 2012 at 6:34:05 pm

NAB is getting more and more interesting.

eyeon is announcing integration of Fusion and Dimension with Avid's AVX2 architecture.

An excerpt from the eyeon press release [link]:
Connection directly embeds Fusion’s advanced node-based VFX supercomputing environment and Dimension’s optical flow-based Stereoscopic and high-level image processing application in the Avid timeline. Fusion and Dimension can exist on the same systems as the Avid software or anywhere else on the network. This is a tremendous advantage to existing Avid supporting technologies, as it provides unprecedented concurrent editing, VFX creation, and stereoscopic production in the Avid workflow.

“With eyeon Connection, a simple drag and drop to the Avid timeline gives editors and artists direct access to our products. For the first time, Avid clients will have an unlimited node effects and stereo environment for creative compositing and motion graphics. Combined with Avid’s renowned pedigree in the editing markets, eyeon’s resolution independence and real 3d products expand the Avid experience to a new frontier in film and broadcast visual effects.”
~ Jeff Krebs, Director of Sales, eyeon Software

I figured I'd be leaving NAB and budgeting for either Smoke or Nuke, but if this really works, it might be a legitimate option for me. I had been hoping against hope for 3D compositing in DS, but this isn't how I expected it to come at all.

The plot thickens...

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Avid and eyeon Fusion
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:34:08 pm

It's funny - a few years ago, Fusion and Nuke were running almost neck and neck in the post-Shake compositing market, but then Nuke just took off. I haven't kept up with what's happening with Fusion, but it seems I rarely hear it mentioned anymore.

There was actually an Eyeon Fusion forum on the Cow very, very briefly, but it was killed due to lack of participation.

Return to posts index

dermot shane
on Apr 12, 2012 at 4:21:16 am

Fusion will run in DS now too, as an AVX2 effect inside a tree, or a clip/timeline effect, or even a source effect

Return to posts index

Alkesh Nanavaty
on Oct 5, 2013 at 12:28:34 pm

... now over a year later from the last post, Fusion seems to be working on both ends - connecting with AE on one, and competing with high end, node based compositing environment. Amazes me how much Fusion is capable of handling. v7 is coming out soon!

Alkesh
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlkesh007

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:48:41 am

This is pretty amazing news. Fusion is a really powerful top-of-the-range compositing tool that's a real pleasure to use. Having it inside AVID is phenomenal. I can see eyeon eating back some of Nuke's feature film market share with this - although it's currently very much in Nuke's shadow that's not because it's inferior.

Very exciting.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]