FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA also releases new FCPX 10.0.4 drivers.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
AJA also releases new FCPX 10.0.4 drivers.
on Apr 11, 2012 at 2:02:53 am

I feel like a reporter.

Looks like it's out of beta "officially".

http://www.aja.com/support/index.php

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Erik Lundberg
Re: AJA also releases new FCPX 10.0.4 drivers.
on Apr 11, 2012 at 6:43:57 am

Trying to install on one machine here:

MacPro5,1; 6-Core Intel Xeon - 2,93 GHz, 12 core, 12 GB RAM, OS 10.7.3

Card- Kona LHi, slot 2.

Worked "fine" (apart from all the bugginess related to the BETA/10.0.3) in v 10.2.1. Also works nice on the Snow Leopard disk we have in the same machine w/ FCP Legacy on.

Did (as usual) a complete removal of the old drivers before installing 10.3, and after installing the new ones, machine hangs before complete boot cycle (my estimate around when the driver for the LHi should have kicked in). rebooted in fail safe mode, did a repair of the disk permissions. Found some stuff (hadn't done it in a while) but to no avail. No luck booting. Restarted again. Uninstalled the drivers, rebooted again, and the machine went up nice and easy.

I'll do another try at re-downloading the drivers and reinstalling to see if that helps. Also will try and reorder the cards in the PCI-bus so the LHi goes in slot 3 (which is the preferred slot, but of some reason or other, up until now, slot 2 has worked just fine).

Anyone else has issues with the 10.3 drivers? Or rather, anyone succeeding installing and using them?

Erik Lundberg

Technical Director, Media Technology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden

Return to posts index

Erik Lundberg
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:14:20 am

Update: Re-downloaded 10.3-drivers for LHi, reinstalled after complete removal of drivers already installed. Same bad result. Moved card to slot 3. Computer not only stalls at boot, it completely crashes and gives me the dreaded Grey Screen of Death with the Power Button (is there a name for it? If not, here it is). Gah! Not once, but thee times. Ok, so that's not good.

Ok. Back in slot 2, things are the same. No luck booting. Uninstalled drivers now. Reinstalling 10.2.1 beta stuff and see what that does.

Erik Lundberg

Return to posts index

Erik Lundberg
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:28:25 am

Yet another update- back in 10.2.1 BETA things work "fine" again. Hrm. Something is fishy about the new driver, apparently. We'll wait and see if there is a new version soon.

Erik Lundberg

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 11, 2012 at 2:11:44 pm

I haven't installed them yet, but definitely email AJA support about it.

I would suggest trying the NDD version of the drivers, but it doesn't seem like they offer it this time around.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:02:40 pm

AJA offers two versions of the 10.3 driver: a regular version and a version where the Macintosh Desktop Display mode is not enabled. This version is referred to as the NDD version. The AJA Release Notes PDF that comes with the driver states that if you experience any issue with the regular driver, such as described in this thread to use the NDD version instead. To remove the regular driver, simply boot the computer up while holding down the shift key and then run the AJA Uninstaller in the AJA Utilities folder found in Applications. Once uninstalled, reboot and install the NDD driver version. Both driver versions for the KONA LHi are listed here, with the NDD version listed second:
http://www.aja.com/support/konaNEW/kona-lhi.php

If you need assistance, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email. They will be happy to help you.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:42:53 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "AJA offers two versions of the 10.3 driver: a regular version and a version where the Macintosh Desktop Display mode is not enabled. "

That's my bad.

I was looking at the Kona 3 drivers, and there's no no NDD option. There is for LHi.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Erik Lundberg
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:18:35 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "AJA offers two versions of the 10.3 driver: a regular version and a version where the Macintosh Desktop Display mode is not enabled. This version is referred to as the NDD version. The AJA Release Notes PDF that comes with the driver states that if you experience any issue with the regular driver, such as described in this thread to use the NDD version instead. To remove the regular driver, simply boot the computer up while holding down the shift key and then run the AJA Uninstaller in the AJA Utilities folder found in Applications. Once uninstalled, reboot and install the NDD driver version. Both driver versions for the KONA LHi are listed here, with the NDD version listed second:
http://www.aja.com/support/konaNEW/kona-lhi.php

If you need assistance, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email. They will be happy to help you."

Thanks a lot for the reply!

I should learn to read release notes more carefully.

I normally use the NDD-drivers. But didn't in this case. I'm pretty sure when I first downloaded it wasn't there (or I would have used that instead). Might be that it was early morning though, and I totally missed it. I'll do some more tests tomorrow morning and try the NDD instead, and if I get in to trouble with that, I will surely get in touch with tech support.

We don't use FCPX on this machine (or the partition in question) for anything real yet, so there's really no panic. For now. I'll write another update when the NDD-drivers are in place.

Erik Lundberg

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:20:07 pm

The Kona 3 NDD is now posted as well.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Erik Lundberg
on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:23:43 pm

Oooh. Double posting. That's what I get for not remembering to be polite and say thank you in the first post...

Erik Lundberg

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:13:38 pm

[Erik Lundberg] "Oooh. Double posting."

Fixed now.

And yeah, we kept the one with the thank you included. :-)

tw

Return to posts index

Erik Lundberg
on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:33:02 am

Further updates. The NDD driver is now downloaded, installed and works fine. Note the non present "" around fine.

The response is quite different, and the lagging/out of sync/awkward feeling is gone. In the short tests so far. I'm quite confident that the latest updates (10.0.4 and video card drivers for BM/AJA/Matrox) takes FCPX a step closer for us to consider for more real work.

Now if only...

Erik Lundberg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]