FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is it So Dumbed Down?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Why is it So Dumbed Down?
on Jun 21, 2011 at 9:56:05 pm

Just Went Next store to out Creative Neighbors. They Have a copy there fooling around with, Why is everything Dumbed down so much? does apple think Numbers and quick keys are intimidating? Stuff is literally buried under tons of thing, and so much Order has you depending on Viusal Picture rather that Naming and Logging? Why would they change this much? Now I understand its 1.0 and I curous to see what they do with the future of FCP X. But why would apple tease and put all new features we would love to have in FCP 7 with out a Horrid interface.

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
Re: Why is it So Dumbed Down?
on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:30:46 pm

[Greg Burke] "Just Went Next store to out Creative Neighbors. They Have a copy there fooling around with, Why is everything Dumbed down so much? does apple think Numbers and quick keys are intimidating? Stuff is literally buried under tons of thing, and so much Order has you depending on Viusal Picture rather that Naming and Logging? Why would they change this much? Now I understand its 1.0 and I curous to see what they do with the future of FCP X. But why would apple tease and put all new features we would love to have in FCP 7 with out a Horrid interface."

The interface is deeper than it looks at first glance, and there's tons of keyword/metadata support there. Some things work very differently; as an FCP 7 editor, it looks like lots of things are missing, but the same ends are generally achievable, often in more convenient ways, with the new toolset.

The only place where it really falls down right now is workflow, with the lack of video I/O and XML/EDL/OMF export. In terms of actual editing, it seems pretty well thought out.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:54:27 pm

but what about the numerous ingest options, I had to download different plug ins and 3rd party add ons to work with, RED, Eos60, 7d, P2, these workflows are pretty common and even though its 1.0 I find no support for this unacceptable. BUT HEY I CAN TRANSPORT OVER iMOvie projects!!! yippie!

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
on Jun 21, 2011 at 11:00:07 pm

I have to agree. Out of the box, so to speak, the gaps here are unacceptable. Bad Apple!

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:03:19 am

The more i Play with it the less it seems worth $300.00

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jun 22, 2011 at 11:41:21 pm

[Greg Burke] "Why is everything Dumbed down so much?"

For the same reason DSLR's have auto-focus and auto-exposure.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]