FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX REFUND request awaiting response...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
FCPX REFUND request awaiting response...
on Jun 21, 2011 at 8:48:52 pm

Hello guys,

Well, the longer I spend with FCPX the more I feel really annoyed I wasted $300 on a piece of half-baked crap. To me, all the sales schpiel about "everything just changed in post" and "jaw dropping" nonsense is tantamount to false advertising.

This software falls WAY short of delivering a professional package, and has (in typical apple fashion I may add) hyped itself way beyond it's station.

I have written to support at the App store and have asked to be given a refund. There is no way I want to pay ANYTHING for something I will not use, and I cannot think of any reason to spend another second wasted on FCPX.

They promise to reply to my email in 24 hours... I will report back, but will be very surprised if they agree, despite that they have, IMO, mis-represented what it is they said they were selling here.

Speak soon,
Mark.

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
Re: FCPX REFUND request awaiting response...
on Jun 21, 2011 at 9:02:49 pm

Hope they'll agree.

The lack of support for motion makes this software completely unusable for me.

Return to posts index

Brian Nichols
on Jun 21, 2011 at 9:11:02 pm

I just tried the same, and I'll report back my response as well.

Return to posts index

Joseph Mastantuono
on Jun 21, 2011 at 9:26:44 pm

Joined the club when I couldn't go out to my broadcast monitor or get an XML export.

Joseph Mastantuono
Online Editor - Colorist - Post Consultant
Brooklyn based finishing at reasonable prices

Return to posts index

Yoav Dagan
on Jun 21, 2011 at 9:54:34 pm

I feel sick and cheated, what is the email address for the app store support?

Yoav Dagan
Colourist / Onliner
TiNT Post Production
South Africa
tintpost.com

Return to posts index

David Jahns
on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:11:27 pm

Good luck with that, guys!

If $300 is precious to you, then you should have done some research. All of these limitations are well documented in the half dozen articles that have been published in the last 6 hours.

Not that I'm defending the app or it's lack of pro features, of course.

David Jahns
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

Yoav Dagan
on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:32:34 pm

Just in case, I have bought it as it came out so more than 9 hours

But, I do think that it can be a case for the Federal Trade Commission...

Yoav Dagan
Colourist / Onliner
TiNT Post Production
South Africa
tintpost.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: I will ask it tomorrow
on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:35:03 pm

Here is Midnight.
I'll do the same tomorrow morning.
If this is the application Apple want me to spend 12 hours a day working with, this is my good by to Apple.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Paul Kerby
Re: I will ask it tomorrow
on Jun 22, 2011 at 12:34:59 am

I second that and I can't believe i'm seconding that but they made that decision easy for me...

Return to posts index

Keith Hamm
on Jun 22, 2011 at 1:12:20 am

Completely agree. They have stabbed their loyal users in the back as they had with the early iPhone adopters. I'm requesting an immediate refund as well.

Return to posts index

Ryan Turner
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:31:08 pm

It has been over 24 hours since I sent an e-mail asking for a refund and still no word!

Return to posts index

Garrett Gibbons
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:45:30 pm

This is so encouraging! I thought that I was the only one who had filed for a refund. Let's hope that they get flooded with requests.

For what it's worth, I've outlined the good, the bad, and the unusable in FCP X here:

http://garrettgibbons.com/blog/final-cut-pro-x-initial-response

Good luck, all. Here's hoping for Final Cut Pro 8!

http://www.garrettgibbons.com

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:54:32 pm

36 hours later, no response from Apple. I wrote a second request for a refund today. The phone support say they cannot help at all with App Store customer service issues... so we have to fill in a form and hope for the best...

Nice.

Return to posts index

Garrett Gibbons
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:12:06 am

We'll keep putting pressure on them. The more of a ruckus the better.

YouTube customer service demands, anyone?

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
Good news! Apple agree to refund!
on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:48:24 am

Who knows, in a year or two, fcpx may be ready for a pro market, and by then perhaps I will have grown tired of fcp7 and migrated to PP... we will see. In the meantime, I will have managed to get apple to agree to a refund for a product I feel is not useable. (I am keeping compressor and motion to mess with.)

Here is the polite email Apple sent me today:

Hello Mark,

This is David from the iTunes Store Support Team. Please note I will be escalating your request, so if you have any other questions or concerns, you can reply to this email and it will come straight to me.

Moving forward, I understand that you are not satisfied with the app "Final Cut Pro". I can certainly appreciate you would like a refund, and I would be more than happy to help you out with this today.

In five to seven business days, a credit of £179.99 should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.

Please note that this is a one time exception because the iTunes Terms and Conditions state that all sales are final.

Thanks for contacting the iTunes Store support and if you have any further concerns please write me back.

Sincerely,

David
iTunes Store Customer Support

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Good news! Apple agree to refund!
on Jun 23, 2011 at 8:33:16 am

Congrats Mark! Don't blame you a bit.

If you recall, ever since the early days of Discreet Edit* I've always hated the idea of paying to beta test for companies that knowingly release software that's not ready for prime time.

FCP X is about the worst example ever. Heck, editors too often get paid to polish turds, they shouldn't have to shell out 300 bucks to Apple for the privilege.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

Don't miss my new tutorial: Prepare for a seamless transition to FCP X and OS X Lion
http://library.creativecow.net/weiss_roth_david/FCP-10-MAC-Lion/1

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Jun 23, 2011 at 8:50:46 am

[David Roth Weiss] "FCP X is about the worst example ever. Heck, editors too often get paid to polish turds, they shouldn't have to shell out 300 bucks to Apple for the privilege."

Hey there bud,
Ja, with a deluxe set of rubber gloves, and a bunch of dosh at the end of the job, turds can even be quite appealing ;)

what are you doing up at nearly 2am again?!

Cheers
Mark.

Return to posts index

Garrett Gibbons
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:30:53 pm

I'm very happy for you! I'm also deeply concerned that Apple doesn't seem to believe that deeply unsatisfied customers can get a refund (and that this is a one-time exception). I've submitted an additional refund request via the app store and I continue to wait for good news.

Return to posts index

Yoav Dagan
on Jun 23, 2011 at 8:19:11 pm

Also got the refund, I think that apple is taking this "seriously" as they did not even said about non refunds from iTunes store:
" I understand that you purchased "Finalcut pro x" and I'm sorry to learn that this item did not meet the standard of quality you have come to expect from the iTunes Store  ...
have reversed the charge for "Finalcut pro x". In five to seven business days, a credit of $299.99 should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.
I have also submitted this item for investigation. Apple takes the quality of the items offered on the iTunes Store seriously and will investigate the issue with this item, but I can't say when
or if the issue will be resolved.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, please let me know and I would be more than happy to address them for you. Thank you very much for being part of the iTunes Store family, Yoav, and I hope you have a great day. Sincerely, ......"

Apple is practically admitting that they made a huge mistake. Let's see there next move.
I feel good to be a part of this mutiny, we have the power to change and we are doing it (I think)

Yoav Dagan
Colourist / Onliner
TiNT Post Production
South Africa
tintpost.com

Return to posts index

David Jahns
on Jun 23, 2011 at 8:39:30 pm

Might this be Apple's version of New Coke?

Are we a few weeks away from the announcement of Final Cut "Classic"?

David Jahns
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

Garrett Gibbons
on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:31:25 am

My refund notice just came:

=========

Dear Garrett,

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Ram and I am glad to assist you today.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding your email, as we have been receiving higher volumes than usual. This is certainly not the customary time for a response and your understanding is greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear that the apps "Compressor" and "Final Cut Pro" you purchased on the Mac App Store is not functioning as expected. I know how special your purchases are and I regret for the inconvenience caused. I will try my best to resolve this issue.

Garrett, at your request, I have refunded the apps and in five to seven business days, a credit of $380.08 should be posted to the Visa card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.

For information about the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions, visit:

http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/

If you have any questions, concerns, or need any additional assistance with this matter, please do not hesitate to reply to this email. Thank you for being an iTunes Store customer. Apple appreciates your business.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Ram

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:34:44 am

Anyone know if there is a purchase window after which Apple will no longer honor your refund?
ie if I wait more than a couple days to make my decision...will it be too late?

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:24:20 am

Hi
I understand they do not have a return policy on software bought at the app store anyway, they are making the exception due to exceptionally lacking software!!

I'd say tell them on the form you fill in that you have taken a week to try to "give it a go" but it fails so miserably that you cannot use it for pro purposes.

Mark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]