FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Photoshop 6 Beta Won't Run - Adobe Application Manager

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Fraiberg
Adobe Photoshop 6 Beta Won't Run - Adobe Application Manager
on Mar 25, 2012 at 12:40:40 am

I posted this in the Photoshop Forum, but since many Final Cutters use Photoshop I thought maybe someone here might have the answer.

After seeing some of the videos from Adobe, I was anxious to test drive Photoshop CS6 Beta. Unfortunately I have not been able to run it. The download appears to install, but the program won't run. I get an error message:

"Adobe Application Manager, required to verify your license, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from
http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager"

I downloaded the Adobe Application Manager, but it won't run. Another error message tells me to download Adobe Support Advisor, which I did. Another error:

"licensing program
cpsid_83578r3: Error, "Validate license at Pre-chrome" when installing - Creative Suite 5
Click here for details and corrective actions related to this issue."

And then I spent the next couple of hours spinning my wheels (not the beach ball). Uninstaller won't work, I get the same Application Manager error. I dragged the CS6 folder to the trash, emptied trash, restarted. No go. So I called Adobe Tech Support. I got a call back, and had to wait on the phone for 10 minutes before the call disconnected. I called Sales, and they did a direct transfer. To India. The polite response was that because it is a Beta version, they are not trained in it.

Last week I upgraded to Lightroom 4 without a hitch. I have Photoshop CS5 installed (not the suite). Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and Compressor 4 all installed flawlessly last June, as did the updates. I recently upgraded the OS to Lion, again no problem.

I'm sure there is a simple fix somewhere. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry

Processor 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Adobe Photoshop 6 Beta Won't Run - Adobe Application Manager
on Mar 25, 2012 at 1:10:15 am

Is this on a working production drive or a clone?

do you have other adobe products on your drive? If so, what?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Mar 25, 2012 at 5:27:13 am

The PS6 Beta installation is on the system drive. Other Adobe products: Photoshop CS5 is installed, Lightroom 3 and 4.

The program installed along with Adobe Bridge CS6. Bridge will run, but PS6 won't start. Apparently I'm not alone, there are others who have posted the same issue on the Adobe PS6 Beta forum.

Gerry

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Mar 25, 2012 at 11:42:47 am

I'm not a photoshop whiz and I'm not tracking it so doubt that any input I provide is of much use. However, you could try a clean drive (old external firewire), install the OS and try the installer there. If it works, great - if not, then it's definitely a corrupt image IMO.

You can also use the CS clean tool, but of course, if you do, make sure you're deactivating your licenses first.

Dennis

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Mar 25, 2012 at 2:25:30 pm

Thanks Dennis, I thought you might have noticed my post.

No, I don't have a clean drive available.
"You can also use the CS clean tool, but of course, if you do, make sure you're deactivating your licenses first."

I have Photoshop CS5, which was an upgrade from CS4 installed as well as Lightroom 4. Does the CS Cleaner Tool remove these programs? I believe CS5 was a downloaded upgrade. Reinstalling would be a real pain if I have to download Photoshop CS5 again.

CS6 Beta installs, all folders appear in the Finder. I have uninstalled by dragging the folder to the trash, restarted, then tried to reinstall from the .dmg a few times.

- Gerry

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Mar 25, 2012 at 8:43:11 pm

Sounds like there's still some CS6 type stuff on after you uninstall which is why I was suggesting trying to install it on a clean drive.
Beyond that, I'd hit the forum and see what other people are saying about how to address. I wish I had more answers for you but alas, I don't.

Yes, the Cleaner tool does what it describes, removes Adobe stuff and any little bits left behind. I use it any time I'm unintalling and reinstalling just as a precaution.

Dennis

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Mar 25, 2012 at 3:34:16 pm

There are a few others who have the same issue.
Here's a link to the Adobe Application Manager thread on the Photoshp CS6 Forum:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4282216#4282216

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Mar 26, 2012 at 12:09:30 am

Success at last! I now have a dark tray Photoshop CS6 Beta open. This time I did a Spotlight search for CS6 and trashed all instances, including Bridge. I then restarted, Repaired Disk Permissions, restarted again, then tried another reinstall of the downloaded .dmg. This time it worked. Interesting to see that this is CS6 Photoshop Extended Beta

Return to posts index

Cimi Ciri
on Mar 27, 2012 at 8:55:31 am

Hi,

nothing works for me .. I tried everything you do ... and still that mesage.
"Adobe Application manager, required to verify your license, is missing or damaged. ..."?

I'm despered ... :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]