FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worldwide TV daily viewing rises 20 minutes in ten years

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Schumacher
Worldwide TV daily viewing rises 20 minutes in ten years
on Mar 23, 2012 at 2:28:41 am

"In 2011, the average worldwide daily viewing time reached three hours and 16 minutes per person per day, an increase of six minutes compared to 2011, but of 20 minutes over ten years."

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2012032220805/worldwide-tv-daily-viewi...

Discuss!

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: Worldwide TV daily viewing rises 20 minutes in ten years
on Mar 23, 2012 at 1:14:03 pm

I think TV viewership will continue to increase for a long time to come. True, there are sectors of (mostly western, young) audiences that are turning to the internet, but isn't stopping the over all trend.

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:24:59 pm

[Christian Schumacher] ""In 2011, the average worldwide daily viewing time reached three hours and 16 minutes per person per day, an increase of six minutes compared to 2011, but of 20 minutes over ten years.""

This brings about a question, that I have wanted to ask for a long time. Of the people who frequent this forum, how much TV do you watch? I'm lucky if I watch 3 hours a week, much less, 3+ hours a day. Yet I love producing, shooting, editing etc. I've always wondered if there is something wrong with me.

Most of my work i do is for churches and non profits, though there was a time 20 years ago where you could watch any of the network affiliates in Atlanta, and every commercial break would have a spot that I edited, and sometimes the whole break would be my spots..... Or so it seemed. Back then I would watch 2 or so hours a night, if I wasn't editing.

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:50:30 pm

That statistic means that somebody must to watch almost 6 hours a day for the little TV I watch.
Normally I only watch the news, while I'm having lunch and dinner. Some times a documentary or a debate.
I have to recognize that, where I live, I have no much choice available, but I don't really miss it.
When I'm in holidays I may watch a couple of hours, mostly documentaries, and some times a movie.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:55:56 pm

[Don Walker]I'm lucky if I watch 3 hours a week, much less, 3+ hours a day. Yet I love producing, shooting, editing etc. I've always wondered if there is something wrong with me.

I definitely cannot watch more than 2 hours a day, and most of my TV viewing is about 5 hours for the week at most.

Return to posts index

Jonathan White
on Mar 23, 2012 at 6:56:15 pm

No telly, probably watch an hour a month!!! Actually when I do I get ideas for programmes...... or feel smug about how much crap is on!! I bet most TV professionals don't watch much....commissioning editors tell us to watch more so we have a better idea of what they want but I find that depressing :-(
Johnny

Seanchas Productions, Galway, Ireland

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Mar 24, 2012 at 3:13:01 am

[Don Walker] "Of the people who frequent this forum, how much TV do you watch?"

I spend over 40 hours a week watching shows that will end up on TV, does that count?

Other than that I watch about 3 sporting events a week, more during baseball season, plus about 2 hours of HBO stuff on the weekends, and the Daily Show and Steven Colbert whenever they're not on re-runs. Throw in the occasional TCM movie, Law & Order re-run or HBO special and I guess that makes me the philistine of the group.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Mar 24, 2012 at 5:33:24 pm

If you mean something that is actually on TV at a given moment then, other than some live sports events, the answer is almost zero. Now there are certain shows that I will catch up with on demand when I have time. In the case of shows that I follow I will often wait until an entire season is available to buy and then when I have free time I can watch the entire season in a few days. I actually find this more satisfying (and doable timewise) than watching weekly installments.

Tim

Return to posts index

Richard Cardonna
on Mar 24, 2012 at 10:55:04 pm

What would be interesting imop is how much content is being watched overall. as to include movie,internet,dvd,... That realy would measure the growth of the industry. TV as we know it is a goner.

RC

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Mar 24, 2012 at 11:13:48 pm

I'm in Russia so I don't watch TV at all.

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Mar 25, 2012 at 1:18:24 am

[Michael Aranyshev] "I'm in Russia so I don't watch TV at all."

Really? Surely there is something to watch on Russian TV?

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Mar 25, 2012 at 12:15:44 pm

There used to be a lot of quality content before mid-2000 but now there is so little it doesn't worth getting a TV. Another problem is foreign channels in most cable packages are dubbed and that makes them unwatchable too.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 26, 2012 at 11:18:30 pm

[Michael Aranyshev] "There used to be a lot of quality content before mid-2000 but now there is so little it doesn't worth getting a TV. Another problem is foreign channels in most cable packages are dubbed and that makes them unwatchable too."

I just saw "Exporting Raymond" which I found to be very entertaining.

I watch more movies than "tv".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]