FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX creating thousands of files on capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Gill
FCPX creating thousands of files on capture
on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:18:53 pm

I am trying to capture footage from Mini DV tapes via a Canon XL2 into FCPx (10.0.3). I am running the software on Mac OSX, 2x2.66 Ghz 6 processor, 12GB memory. Some tapes capture/import correctly, but with another tape, FCPx is creating thousands of 3 frame clips. I would attempt to lay them all down sequentially in the timeline to see if they play smoothly, but it seems like FCP is so bogged down it won't even let me do that. If I don't eject the external hard drive (where the project is stored), I can't even open Final Cut. I am attempting to import via iMovie and then bring that into FCP, but it seems like this might be a bigger problem. Anyone having the same issues? Why is this happening? Should I just give up on importing directly into FCP and use imovie or are there drawbacks?
Thanks!

Laura

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: FCPX creating thousands of files on capture
on Mar 20, 2012 at 7:43:51 pm

Laura, you might want to try posting your question on the Apple FCPX Techniques forum [link].

This forum is dedicated to discussing and debating Apple/FCPX/industry trends, so you're less likely to get a constructive reply to a technical question here.

Good luck with your project.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]