FORUMS: list search recent posts

OMF Scam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jon smitherton
OMF Scam
on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:11:29 pm

Seems my email program is onto something:

Reminds me of the $2000 OMF upgrade that Media100 had.
Oh I see, the program is so cheap because they didn't want to pay the licensing fees to AVID...Are you smelling the irony?

Jon

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: OMF Scam
on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:14:08 pm

I wonder if Automatic Duck is a per seat license.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:20:46 pm

It's not a scam. It's a solution to an issue that exists...FCP X does not export audio via AAF or OMF for professional mixing. FCP 1-4.5 had issues with this too. Well, even 5.0. The OMFs weren't good, weren't stable, didn't include levels or panning. So Automatic Duck was the way to get audio from your system to an audio mixer.

FCP X removed OMF export...so now the Duck comes to the rescue to those people who use FCP X and need professional audio mixing. But really, if you need to continue to operate in a collaborative professional environment, stick with FCP 7...because it does it right now, properly.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jon smitherton
on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:48:43 pm

[Shane Ross] "It's not a scam"

A joke Shane, A joke. Or possibly insider trading and politics. Sounds like you're not happy either.
Its like who in the real world consults for Apple to make sure these ESSENTIALS aren't missing?
Obviously not you from your tone.
My vote is that you should be!!
Then Apple can release a flawless product that defies all competition. Then we can create beautiful films and television programs going home with a big smile on our dial.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]