FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will Magic Bullet Products work or function with FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
Will Magic Bullet Products work or function with FCP X?
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:56:55 pm

Everyone, I do not have FCP X just yet, will soon, but I've just purchased Quick Looks 1.3 from Red Giant, and was wondering if anyone out there knew of or have tried other plug-ins or softwares that formerly worked with FCP 7.

It is not a big deal, I'm just wondering if it will work or not, and if not, if Red Giant will be selling FCPX-compatible versions. It maybe that you do not need QuickLooks1.3, but just wanted to see if it would work or does work, for those who currently have FCP X, thanks!

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, UT
FCP7/Sony EX-3/Mac Quad-Core Intel

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Will Magic Bullet Products work or function with FCP X?
on Jun 21, 2011 at 6:49:17 pm

Eventually sure- but current versions will not at all. http://prolost.com/blog/2011/6/21/final-cut-pro-x-is-here.html

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:36:15 am

Yea, out of about 10 of my media associates who have already downloaded it, everyone is saying that it's missing this or that, and that they'd use it for personal use, but not for work or paid projects, so. I might just use Quick Looks for the next few months till I'm ready for fcpx and hopefully red giant has a solution or someone has developed a patch - just kidding! Maybe FCP 7.0.4 will be out in a few months by poular demand. They could have left the original build the same, but have given it that slick iMovie look, a little facelift, you but, oh well. I'll watch the LJ 11 hours of training and maybe that will be good, to see how it works.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, UT

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:15:51 pm

Noah,

Hey very quick, while I've got you graciously responding to this post, I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow with an old borrowed DVX-100 (1st edition), and I bought the high quality HDV/DV Professional grade Panasonic tape and all.. Do I shoot in 24p or 24pa? I'll probably output letterbox to SD-DVD, yea, I know, this is an old topic. There's no squeeze mode, so... I'll cut in FCP 7.0.3, and don't want it too "interlacie..." I'm ok with a 29.97 or a 23.98 time-line, it does not me as I just want the SD video to look decent upon ingest and output to SD-DVD.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, UT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]