FORUMS: list search recent posts

X2Pro delayed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lemur Hayop
X2Pro delayed
on Mar 3, 2012 at 8:51:48 pm

As there apparently is no way to export OMF from FCPX's latest upgrade, X2Pro is delayed until mid-March and the developers explain they're adding multicam support. For the few of us who want to export to OMF, the wait continues....

http://www.x2pro.net/buy-now.html

http://www.k9sound.com

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
Re: X2Pro delayed
on Mar 3, 2012 at 9:17:00 pm

I have not seen any mention of OMF export with X2Pro, just AAF. Is this new information?

Apple Certified Associate, FCP X

Return to posts index

Lemur Hayop
on Mar 3, 2012 at 9:44:28 pm

You're right, my mistake. It's AAF, not OMF. I've worked with AAF and OMF and didn't experience any differences, so I get them mixed up sometimes. I presume there are differences.

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
on Mar 3, 2012 at 10:22:55 pm

I'm also waiting eagerly what they come up with. Auto Duck is dead as the new 1.1 XML came out, so only way now is to use Xto7, which works but needs some tweaking to get the OMF or AAF out properly.

Apple Certified Associate, FCP X

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 4, 2012 at 12:42:08 am

I wonder what the issue is. In earlier posts I speculated on how to convert magnetic with roles into something track based that AAF or OMF would understand. If Xto7 can achieve that I wonder what the problem is for this software.

Return to posts index

Chris Steele
on Mar 5, 2012 at 12:59:54 pm

Hi Michael,
Apologies for the delay in getting X2Pro to you. We just struggled for a short time with multicam clips. This was due to the fact that 10.0.3 does not export quite enough information in the XML to pin down the multicam and the user needs to export the appropriate event as well. We've got that nailed now and expect to submit the app to the store within the next few days.
The whole issue of mapping roles to tracks is interesting. What we do is to sort on roles and then pack the clips into as few tracks as possible, but with only one role on each track. I hope that will be most helpful to sound editors. It also allows for the possibility of only loading some roles into Pro Tools as you can select (in the Pro Tools import interface) which tracks to import and the role names are presented in the list.

Chris Steele
Product Manager
Marquis Broadcast

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Mar 5, 2012 at 4:18:41 pm

I hope xtoPro - unlike xto7 - will deal correctly with:

a) multitrack sources (come through as 4 times as many tracks in xto7 irrespective of how many tracks were used in the edit);

b) detached audio - xto7 has had and probably still does have issues with losing track of this;

c) zero start timecode sources (i.e non-timecde-stamped) - xto7 still has residual issues with this.

The last thing we need is another FCPX related product that has been rushed to market only semi-functional - just like FCPX itself.

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:16:26 pm

Thanks for the clarifications Chris and nice to know you are monitoring discussions.

I use Fairlight which can import AAF so it will be interesting to see how it maps with roles. I recommend you make contact with the Fairlight team and get them to test the software with their application. I know ProTools has the lions share of the market but the software guys are Fairlight are the same team that was behind AVTransfer and seriously know interchange formats.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]