...released

--
Pozdro
Andy

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: The New Blackmagic Desktop Video 9.2 Beta 3
on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:09:32 pm

Is anyone using this? There isn't much feedback on here about how the various Broadcast output options are working with FCPX

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Don Scioli
on Feb 23, 2012 at 5:17:24 pm

Yes, I have intensity pro on my Mac Pro 3.2 early 2008 and it works great with the 9.2 beta 3 for Avid MC6, Final Cut Pro 7,FCPX and Adobe Premiere Pro. the out put in all is mostly geared towards 1080i resolution.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:15:50 am

I've got the intensity extreme running. 24p worked fine until I tried downscaling to SD. Then the iMac would soon freeze, with a loud annoying tone coming out of the speakers. I forced quit, and went to the control panel to change it back to 29.97 but system prefs was locked up. Reboot and got same results. But otherwise the BM drivers worked fine. Much better than matrox. BM also worked in FCP 7, while Matrox beta drivers ONLY work in X. And I've never gotten Matrox to work on premiere. BM drivers work there too.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Feb 23, 2012 at 5:29:19 pm

I tried the Blackmagic desktop video with an Intensity Pro card I had on my shelf. The reason it was on the shelf was that it had been replaced by the Matrox MX02 unit.

So since the launch of FCPX / Lion neither of these have worked.

The Intensity Pro worked fine but as soon as Matrox released their Beta for FCPX I replaced it with that as it provides a lot more formats and also includes a calibrator.

I'm using the 720p 25p setting onto a 32" Sony Bravia and it looks absolutely fantastic.

The reason I am using a 720p setting is that my Sony does not handle 1080p 25p for some storage reason.
It will accept 1080p 24p but not 25p.

If my memory is working there used to be a 1080psf ( Progressive Segmented Frame ) setting but not any more. This is what I used to use.

Either way it is really great to have external monitoring again. Reassuring to see the films on an external screen. I'm now getting neck ache and now need a deeper deskspace to be able to push back the 2 x 27" monitors I use with FCPX.

Return to posts index

Jorgen Gustafson
on Feb 28, 2012 at 11:01:34 am

MacPro, DeckLink HD Extreme 2, 720p50 does not work. It plays right speed a second and then slows down. It's not ready yet. Hoping for beta 4 sooooon - it's ben a while now seens beta 3 came - first they came fast; 1,2, and 3.
It may not be BM's fault - the video out is still beta from Apple - maybe BM have done all they can and now whaits for FCPX update. I dont know. We will never know i suppose.
Still have to use FCP7 when putting out broadcast - when cutting in FCPX i use the graphic card like before (show viewer on second display).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]