FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX to Motion App

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dobson
FCPX to Motion App
on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:15:40 pm

Well hot on the heels of Steve Connors reply to Oliver Peters recent Motion post comes news of this free app.

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/news/743-now-you-can-send-clips-from-final-...

Not tried it yet

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: FCPX to Motion App
on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:19:26 pm

Just about to give it a try, I'm in the middle of a project with some Motion work in!

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Feb 22, 2012 at 3:18:54 pm

This is a step in the right direction, so many thanks and cheers to developer Alex King.

However, it's still a long way off from the straightforward round-trip workflow of the classic "Send to Motion" command.

From FCPX Send To Motion App [link]:
Just export your project as .fcpxml (File > Export XML), drag it onto the dock icon, select the clip you’d like to export, and it’ll create and open a new Motion project, setup with the right length, clip, and frame rate. It’s not perfect, but it saves a lot of time setting up projects and copying information by hand.

And here's a comment from the developer in the original linked article:
"What I tend to do is render a movie, copy the old clip in FCPX, drop on the new clip to replace and audition, and then paste effects from the old clip, so you get your audio/etc. changes back."

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Feb 22, 2012 at 3:32:37 pm

Well I've tried this app out unsuccessfully twice now and it's all a bit of a faff.

Very similar to the workflow for using pluraleyes but at this stage without the result.

So I've exported the XML, dropped it on the App, selected a clip. It does open up in Motion but at this stage only as a still image.

I'll have a play with it later again but probably just continue using my own clunky workaround of exporting a file and opening it up in Motion etc etc

But it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]