FORUMS: list search recent posts

Way OT, This looks interesting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Way OT, This looks interesting
on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:12:56 pm

http://scribbeo.com/

Just seen this on another forum, this looks like a great idea for making notes on projects

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Way OT, This looks interesting
on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:46:06 pm

It does kinda make you wonder about FCP7's iChat Theater. There may be a need for this kind of collaborative work in an NLE.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:27:42 am

[Craig Seeman] "It does kinda make you wonder about FCP7's iChat Theater"

I've used Ichat theatre a number of times. When it works, it's excellent for collaborating with someone remotely. it won't work with high bandwidth timelines and even on it's best day it's performance is spotty. I've also used Skype successfully for remote collaborative workflows. At the moment I don't see the need for any remote sharing that doesn't flow from an NLE timeline.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:52:42 am

[Herb Sevush] "At the moment I don't see the need for any remote sharing that doesn't flow from an NLE timeline."

Sharing from the timeline can be import these days when post can be a long distance event and producers may not really want or need to set over the editor. Sometimes scheduling a time to show them where you're at can be an alternative to sending files back and forth, which doesn't foster interactive discussions.
Given Apple's supposed push with Facetime they would have a roadmap for such integration . . . but for all we know they may.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 21, 2012 at 11:31:56 pm

http://www.takeoffvideo.com is a nice solution for similar stuff on computers instead iOS devices. But insanely expensive though. I used it for a year before they started charging. Wish they'd found a way to keep it free. DropBox ended up being a pretty effective solution. Don't believe that either method will lower the emails and attachments. It's just too easy for people to email and attach. Even with dropbox setup for projects, I still get emails with attachments.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 22, 2012 at 4:00:44 am

Honestly, you guys should really be looking at CatDV now. Most people think of it as just a DAM (Digital Asset Manager), but it's so much more than that.

For client approval and collaboration, CatDV has a remote client that allows anyone you allow with the client loaded on their system to instantly play proxies of clips or sequences you've got on your laptop or on your main system.

And, it allows you to input fields of metadata directly into the files from P2 and other cards before the media is even imported into FCP - you can drag and drop that metadata onto an unlimited number of other cards to put in the same metadata, which will be embedded into every clip when you import them into FCP.

And, in-points, outpoints, and markers can be added too - and with a simple push of a button it's all updated in a FCP project, both on your laptop in the field and on your system(s) at home base too.

Every FCP editor should really be using it... Seriously, CatDV makes all of the discussions here about the great "new" metadata capabilities of FCPX seem like child's play. We have had incredible metadata handling capabilities with FCP legacy through CatDV for a long, long time, but most of us never knew it.

Check out this 5-part ProMAX webinar on YouTube, it will blow your mind - and if you want it, or just want to know more, let me know.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:36:11 am

Does it work with premiere, MC, or X? I dont know about everyone else, but I'm keeping FCP running, just not investing any more money in it.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 22, 2012 at 12:42:45 pm

Excellent question. Yes it does Bret, at the file leve,l and with some, but not all of the features and integration it presently has with FCP. However, full integration with AVID, X, and Adobe are expected. It's incredibly deep as a DAM, and it makes logging and insertion of metadata so mindblowingly cool, you'll wonder how any of us ever got along without it.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 24, 2012 at 1:51:39 am

Will revisit or recommend to my producer clients. Most of them log and rough edit in FCP before I ever see the project though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]