FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Foundry Hiero & Final Cut Pro X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
T.a. Franks
The Foundry Hiero & Final Cut Pro X
on Feb 17, 2012 at 9:03:09 pm

After checking out HIERO from the Foundry I noticed a couple similarities with FCPX except for the EDL support. ;)
Now don't get me wrong not comparing the Applications in all just more some of the features or functions.

Return to posts index

Philip White
Re: The Foundry Hiero & Final Cut Pro X
on Feb 17, 2012 at 10:23:33 pm

Hiero's not really designed to be a NLE - I'm sure you know that.

I've been playing with the Hiero betas - it's definitely a great tool, but I believe it's use seems limited to medium-large VFX houses.

It's great for reviewing content, especially if set up correctly with it's 'watch folders' (I can't remember the Hiero-fied term)

I'm looking for a way through which to integrate Hiero into our house at work - we're not predominantly a VFX company, but I feel the tool would be great for producers looking to give the 'OK' to timelines without having to disturb the editor, or needing access to the media. (Hiero merely references media, it doesn't need a copy of it)

Return to posts index

T.a. Franks
on Feb 19, 2012 at 12:12:05 pm

Yes I do know that, but there are some tools that remind me from FCPX. For example like Audition.
We also have looked at Hiero but we went with a FileMaker Pro Database.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Feb 19, 2012 at 6:35:09 pm

Looks more like REDCine-X Pro to me :)

Return to posts index

Philip White
on Feb 19, 2012 at 6:56:49 pm

Can I ask what made you choose FMP over Hiero?

I'm going to an event in London in early March hosted by the Foundry which attempts to explain how Hiero will fit into the workplace environment, so hopefully I'll find out some more there too

http://vimeo.com/philipwhite

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]