FORUMS: list search recent posts

Warning: Final Cut Pro X: "Open in Timeline" edits cause permanent change to source media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Warning: Final Cut Pro X: "Open in Timeline" edits cause permanent change to source media
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:13:33 pm

Holy crap man - from the Apple support forums:

Final Cut Pro X: "Open in Timeline" edits cause permanent change to source media

Symptoms
Editing a clip after using the "Open in Timeline" command in the event browser changes the source media file.

Products Affected
Final Cut Pro X
Resolution
If Final Cut Pro X has not been restarted, the Undo command is available to restore the original media. To undo, click Edit and choose Undo.

If Final Cut Pro X has been restarted after the change has been made, the clip will need to be reimported in order to restore the original. To do this, mount the camera or camera archive and import the clip again. This will create a new clip in the event browser.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Andrew Karczewski
Re: Warning: Final Cut Pro X: "Open in Timeline" edits cause permanent change to source media
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:15:23 pm

Jesus....

Return to posts index

Ernest Ratliff
Re: Warning: Final Cut Pro X: "Open in Timeline" edits cause permanent change to source media
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:18:34 pm

That seems like quite the large bug to have missed in testing.

Return to posts index

Eduardo Serrano
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:25:16 pm

Ok. We definitely need steve jobs back to work... These new guys on management are unfocused.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:29:33 pm

I'll be putting my credit card away for now then!

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Have you tried "Search Posts"? Enlightenment may be there.

Return to posts index

Lance Moody
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:02:56 pm

Can you document this bug more fully? is "Open in Timeline" a common command?

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:14:09 pm

wow.

there goes the legacy of non-destructive editing...

/sarcasm

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:16:56 pm

I don't know if it actually messes up the source clips, or just adjusts metadata on the clip. That merely popped up as a recent topic in the support forum so I copy/pasted it for the herd.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Jun 21, 2011 at 8:23:02 pm

Sorry but I'm not seeing this issue. Nothing that I've edited so far has changed the original media.

Return to posts index

Jason Collins
on Jun 21, 2011 at 8:45:19 pm

I just tried this and it didn't affect my source files.

Return to posts index

Brooks Tomlinson
on Jul 4, 2011 at 10:29:51 pm

Well it just happend to me, I was trying to find the original clip of a key word clip, and did the open clip in timeline. Then blam, I lost the original clip, and all the key words I had on the clip. The clip was 22 mins, and I had just logged over 50 different keywords. I can't figure out how to fix it, and I think it might be a bug. Becasue now the clip that has the all the keywords assigned to it, has the compound icon. Plus, when I go to play back the clip, it is all messed up, missing audio, and way shorter (14seconds, instead of 22mins) I think it happens when you open a keyworded clip in timeline. But I can't repeat the process.

I tried importing it again, but that didn't fix the problem
Apple, I'm really glad you got rid of reconnecting media, it's such a life saver, NOT!!!

let me mention that this is the second time around, the first time I tried this project, it froze, and quit. then when I tried to open the project again all my media was missing. I had to delete the project and start over.

if I can lose all my keywords (bins) with no way to fix it just like that, this program has not professional longevity.

Brooks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]