FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embarassing release

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivan zuccon
Embarassing release
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:08:24 pm

Damn,

this FCPX is the most embarassing release ever. I’ve tried to make a simple compositing and looks like it’s impossible to apply a transition to a simple compositing or PinP. Also there’s no soft borders available (it seems). The Aja Kona support is ridiculous too. The color correction tool is a joke, and the missing of a preview window is the most stupid thing of this software. I don’t like it.

Ivan

Return to posts index

Andrew Karczewski
Re: Embarassing release
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:18:02 pm

Haha, wow, tell us how you really feel :-)

(however, I'm crying on the inside)

Return to posts index

Nevin Styre
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:24:59 pm

can you make your composition into a compound clip then apply a transition to that?

Return to posts index

ivan zuccon
on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:55:13 pm

I tried but I’m not able to put a transition if I make a picture in picture with the 2d editor... even if I make a compound clip...

This software is a mess....

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jun 21, 2011 at 7:23:20 pm

Personally, I think that Windows Vista was the most embarrassing software release so far. But someone will someday have the distinction of making a worse one. Just like "Gigli" eventually made "Ishtar" look like a decent film.

Apple has had bad releases before. Some with FCP, some not.

Avid has had some real stinkers. Adobe, too. It happens to all software companies that have the luck to stay in business long enough to make a mistake.

And I wouldn't call this release embarrassing. Maybe a bit premature, perhaps, but far from embarrassing. More like a work in progress- as is all good software, in the end.

Yes, there are features missing, but many of those will probably come in updates over the next few months. Even if you can't lay back to tape today, you absolutely can cut and trim video, and that's what editors really do most of the time. the tape layback (and EDL support, I hope!) will probably come soon. And even if it doesn't AJA and Black Magic already have utilities that do this.

Be patient, the app was only released this morning. Maybe tomorrow it will get better, maybe next month. In the meantime, FCP 7 will still work. As will Avid and Premiere, if those suit your needs better.

It's only software. Not the rapture.

Arnie
Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Jun 21, 2011 at 8:03:09 pm

Its not only software, its a tool to make a living. And when everyone else is using power drills and getting lots of work done...you look pretty silly and inefficient sitting there with a hand crank drill in your hands. Get it?

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / FCP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]