FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX - PSD will not import and existing file links lost!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kelsey
FCPX - PSD will not import and existing file links lost!
on Feb 11, 2012 at 5:54:39 pm

I have two current FCPX 10.0.2 projects (due very soon) that have PSD gfx in them. They have been working just fine. Nothing fancy - no intricate layers - just simple images as overlays. (they were created in CS4 - in case that matters)

I just updated to FCPX 10.0.3, and now the PSDs are broken and I cannot seem to reimport them into my projects! I deleted the FCPX app and installed again just to make sure it installed properly, and it still seems to be a problem. When I try to import the PSD files, they will show up in the browser, but when I click on "import" I get the following error message:

"No Importable Files: None of the selected files or folders can be imported. Change the selection and try again."

Please help.
Thanks

Chris Kelsey
Kelsey Creative Media
Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core, 8G RAM, OSX 10.7.2

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: FCPX - PSD will not import and existing file links lost!
on Feb 12, 2012 at 6:31:02 pm

Since .03 allows for layerd PSDs, now, it mya not like your exisitn psd structure. One simple fix might be to flatten your .psds in PS since that's how .02 imports them.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Prof Edwin Luna
Re: FCPX - PSD will not import and existing file links lost!
on Mar 5, 2012 at 7:43:03 pm

Flatten the image doesn't work, creating a new file doesn't work? It doesn't even take the original that was working?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]