FORUMS: list search recent posts

No drop shadow???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin DeShields
No drop shadow???
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:38:44 pm

Help me out here. So I'll admit that I'm a bit of a skeptic of the new FCP X, at least for what my needs are. I recently started using Adobe Premiere anyway due to it's dynamic link capabilities with AE. But I thought I'd go ahead and give FCP X a shot (besides, I spend most of my time in After Effects anyway...using final cut usually just to add sound fx/music, etc.)

A large portion of the work I do consists of chromakeying clients from a green screen and adding simple/clean backgrounds behind them. Again, I normally do this in After Effects...However, I was/am pretty impressed with the stock keyer in FCP X....much more simple than using keylight with comparable results....HOWEVER...for the life of me, I cannot find anywhere in FCP X how to add a simple drop shadow to the keyed footage so that it blends better with the background. This seems like a huge oversight so I'm hoping I'm just not looking for it in the right place. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Kevin DeShields
Re: No drop shadow???
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:59:21 am

bump

Return to posts index

Matt Gal
on Jun 24, 2011 at 11:49:17 am

Hi Kevin,

In exploring the application I had the same thoughts about the keyer and the lack of a drop shadow in the inspector.

After playing with the effects and the integration of them with Motion 5 I thought why not make my own drop shadow effect.

So in motion 5 I created a new motion effect. I then added a drop shadow to the drop zone and published all the drop shadow controls, saved this with a suitable name and category and then returned to Final Cut.

I located the new effect and dragged it on to the clip. The result s a fully adjustable drop shadow.

Hope this is of some use.

Return to posts index

Carlos Núñez
on Jul 14, 2011 at 9:43:13 pm

But how exactly must be the Motion's effect done?
I mean, I created one with drop shadow but when I used it on FCPX there was just the name of the effects and no control on it so ... How must exactly do I have to do?
Other way, you can upload the effect that you created by yourself!

Return to posts index

Matt Gal
on Jul 14, 2011 at 10:19:34 pm

Carlos

I am currently traveling and only have my iPad with me so I can't upload anything.

Search the FCP X techniques forum, I think somebody posted a link to one with installl description.

Matt

Return to posts index

Carlos Núñez
on Jul 14, 2011 at 11:56:55 pm

Found it! http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/344/2033 ;] thanks!

Return to posts index

Carlos Núñez
on Jul 15, 2011 at 12:02:35 am

I made a mess!
The right link is that one!

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/344/856

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]