FORUMS: list search recent posts

render render and more rendering!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lance j reha
render render and more rendering!
on Feb 7, 2012 at 1:05:51 am

Anyone else have this issue going on....I work on a project, it renders, I close it. But, whenever I open it to work on it again, everything that was rendered has to be re-rendered! And it takes a while because the project is full of color correction etc...Any ideas on why this happens or how to remedy it? Thanks...

PS: not only when I close & open the program up does it have to re-render but switching between projects while the application is open, it has to be re-rendered! This is terrible...

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: render render and more rendering!
on Feb 7, 2012 at 1:37:30 am

Unfortunately this has been reported very often. The most common cause seems to be if you create a project with titles in a older version of FCPX and then update the project to a newer version. The titles will always have to re-render. The only solution to this that I have seen is to make a new project in the current version and to re-built the titles using the new new version.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Coming in 2012 "Complete Training for FCPX" from Class on Demand
"Final Cut Pro X for iMovie and Final Cut Express Users" from Focal Press

Return to posts index

lance j reha
on Feb 7, 2012 at 2:09:42 am

so, in other words, copy and paste the project to a new timeline, and then re-do the titles?

Return to posts index

Jim Giberti
on Feb 7, 2012 at 6:46:38 pm

It's a really unfortunate and stupid flaw that we're dealing with with 6 heavily designed TV spots that we're still working on.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:00:52 pm

I guess we're all so keen to see what the new update offered, that we forgot that you shouldn't upgrade mid project unless you absolutely have to.

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

lance j reha
on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:05:14 pm

I agree, because I am now staring at the beachball spinning & spinning. This is crazy. I added magic bullet looks to a clip and now I'm jammed up. So, if I have to force quit, when I return, the whole thing will have to be re-rendered. Not good, not professional...

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:21:01 pm

[lance j reha] "Not good, not professional.."

But also not unusual, it happened with FCP over the years. Small beta test groups can miss stuff like this

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]