FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Monitors and Video Monitoring Questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Gish
Multiple Monitors and Video Monitoring Questions
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:17:21 pm

I've found answers to a lot of my questions before taking the plunge but three questions I still have:

Are multiple monitors supported?

How is video monitoring handled? (I'm assuming right now it isn't - at least not until BlackMagic/AJA/Matrox kick out support)

Is there a manual? (Online or bundled with the app)

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Multiple Monitors and Video Monitoring Questions
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:24:37 pm

Final Cut Pro X is the latest update for Apple's popular non-linear editing software. It features a new user interface and boasts new, exciting features for editors. However, the way editors interact with third party tools, like the AJA KONA cards, is different from the previous versions of Final Cut Pro. AJA has prepared a document that explains how editors can use AJA products with the latest version of Final Cut Pro. Please visit the following URL to view and download the PDF document:
http://www.aja.com/pdf/FCP_X_and_AJA.pdf

KONA X Beta drivers are available for KONA users running Final Cut Pro X with KONA 3G, KONA 3, or KONA LHi in the Support area of the AJA website:
http://www.aja.com/support/index.php

Note: users running Final Cut Pro 7 should use the KONA version 9.0.1 drivers.

Before installing KONA X Beta software, ensure you thoroughly read the PDF mentioned above.

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:33:39 pm

Thank you AJA for having the best Customer Support by any company, in any industry, on earth.
YOU PEOPLE ROCK!!!!!!!

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:43:18 pm

Well, thanks AJA for posting the first (and only so far) good news about FCPX. It continues to reinforce my "All AJA" shop approach.

My only question is, I guess we would need a dual boot if we want to use both versions of FCP... so we could have both drivers installed on different startups?

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

Shaun Gish
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:46:13 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

Is this how things will most likely work with most third party I/o devices? Basically extending the desktop to a video monitor and then displaying the viewer on it fullscreen? Seems like quite a kludge. Also - it appears that I cannot have the viewer output this way while also using a separate monitor for the event viewer, correct?

Not knocking AJA - you guys have always had great support. This seems more like you were hamstrung by Apple's UI

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:57:50 pm

I was thinking the same things Shaun. Instead of sending a baseband video feed to a broadcast monitor I fee like we are just 'extending the program' to the broadcast monitor. I don't want to see what the video looks like inside FCP X's gui I want to see what the actual video signal looks like. I hope that's still possible to do somehow.

-Andrew

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:04:43 pm

Read the AJA pdf. It's preview quality footage coming from FCPX. I wouldn't trust it for anything mission critical (color grading, for example).

Kudos for AJA for coming up with something like this so soon - too bad Apple has pretty much screwed their third party vendors by not keeping them in the loop (if in fact they haven't).

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:45:38 pm

Yes, two color space conversions with limited bit depth and unknown quality deinterlacing. Total disaster.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]