FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting rid of compound clips after using 7toX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Godwin
Getting rid of compound clips after using 7toX
on Feb 3, 2012 at 10:47:06 pm

I think I read something here over the last couple of days about 7toX working well. But, because it brings FCP 7 timelines in as compound clips in the FCPX event, that becomes an issue with bloat when you put the compound clip into an FCPX project and start working with it.

I just had a chance to try this. I exported an xml of a timeline from FCP 7 and used 7toX to bring it into FCPX. Made 2 projects, placed the compound clip in one, and then opened the compound clip. Highlighted all the clips within it and Command-C to copy.

Opened the other timeline, er, sorry, project, and Command-V pasted. All the clips pasted perfectly but as uncompounded clips. Deleted the project with the compound clip in it. I deleted the original compound clip from the event to see what would happen and nothing did, just the compound clip deleted. I am left with the media in the event and a timeline with the clips uncompounded, as I wanted.

So this eliminates the problem of bloat if you just work with the compound clip.

Best,
John

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Getting rid of compound clips after using 7toX
on Feb 3, 2012 at 11:59:20 pm

I put the compound in the Project, select it an Break Apart (Command-option-g)

No more compound.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

John Godwin
on Feb 4, 2012 at 12:51:33 am

Well, at least I found my elbow when I got there.

Best,
John

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 4, 2012 at 1:01:01 am

[John Godwin] "Well, at least I found my elbow when I got there."

:)

You could also "Open in Timeline" from the event and copy/paste that in to a Project.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]