FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid or Apple??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Frank
Avid or Apple??
on Feb 2, 2012 at 10:37:18 am

This guy looks familiar no?

Big-screen moviemaking comes to the touchscreen with Avid® Studio for iPad. We’ve distilled the world’s leading film-editing technology into an easy-to-use app that enables you to edit video, audio, and photos at the speed of your creativity.

Love the cut line
Easy enough for the hobbyist, powerful enough for the pro!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Avid or Apple??
on Feb 2, 2012 at 1:05:19 pm

This iPad app is derivative of Avid Studio, which has its heritage in Pinnacle Liquid and FAST before that. The UI in fact is pretty consistent with those, which definitely predates anything in the FCP X / iMovie world.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Ben Scott
on Feb 2, 2012 at 1:25:42 pm

does it have the amazing paint tools from pinnacle Commotion?

that would be a nice feature

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 2, 2012 at 2:31:02 pm

I'ved edited on the AVID that was right after the acquisition of Pinnacle. I remember liking a few things about the interface, but it was really limited. Easier to use than the Media Composer that was available at the time though.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Feb 2, 2012 at 3:53:47 pm

Tell a what, ths is pretty nice on the iPad compared to all of the ther editing apps. Not enough transitions or effects (compared to Splice, ReelDirector, and others) but the ability to put your music and other audio wherever you want, and have several tracks of it, is super nice. I use the iPad to do fun projects while sitting on the couch sometimes and it's...well, fun :-) Shoot on iPhone, transfer files using wifi transfer app, and edit on iPad. Heck Red Giant even has a MB Look type app for the iPad that's under $10!

Won't replace your pro tools but it's pretty amazing what you can do...on a sub 1k tablet and under $100 of apps!

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Feb 2, 2012 at 3:53:51 pm

Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 2, 2012 at 5:19:26 pm

When I saw this earlier today I was hopping it was a part of Avid's "Edit Anywhere on Any Thing" cloud-based initiate that they demoed at NAB a couple of years ago. If I had Avid Studio it might be a good companion app but I don't so...

-Andrew

2.9 GHz 8-core (4,1), FCP 7.0.3, 10.6.6
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (7.9.5)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]