FORUMS: list search recent posts

This is not final cut 'PRO' this is imovie pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alexander thompson
This is not final cut 'PRO' this is imovie pro
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:28:44 pm

just to add to the growing discontent over final cut pro x, I actually can't believe apple could release this, its clearly not for pros, and the features it does have aren't for imovie users either??

I waited for the last week in the expectation I could finish this urgent promo vid on the new version, instead i download it in a hurry only to find I can't import my project from FCP7. its actually a joke.

Since when has anyone used imovie (admittedly I've used it to rough out videos quickly) to create a professional video? I hope apple sorts this out FAST.
It's really no joke and very deceiving. Some people have got their necks on the line hoping final cut pro x would add a bit of magic too their video, and now I've got to rush back to fcp7 and forget the small dent in my back account...
I didn't plan for a crap version of final cut, I planned for the best version ever. VERY disappointed.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: This is not final cut 'PRO' this is imovie pro
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:38:18 pm

I would seriously assume that iMovie will be rebranded FCP Express.

Return to posts index

Clayton Burkhart
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:45:18 pm

"I would seriously assume that iMovie will be rebranded FCP Express."

Actually, THIS is Final Cut Express.

The pro version comes later. Supposedly.

Return to posts index

John Kaley
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:39:15 pm

It seems that Apple really needs to spill the beans about it's FCPX (iMovie Awesome) road plan to comfort everyone before the ship is empty.

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:56:27 pm

[alexander thompson] "I waited for the last week in the expectation I could finish this urgent promo vid on the new version, instead i download it in a hurry only to find I can't import my project from FCP7. its actually a joke."

I don't mean this to be rude, but that's sort of bad planning on your part. You can't expect to finish a project on a program that hasn't even been released yet. You plan to finish your project with the tools you already have available. And it sounds like you haven't even been reading the stuff that was previously available about FCP X, b/c most people expected legacy projects not to open as this was a complete rebuild of the program...not an update. ie it's an entirely new program.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:07:10 pm

[alexander thompson] "I waited for the last week in the expectation I could finish this urgent promo vid on the new version, instead i download it in a hurry only to find I can't import my project from FCP7. its actually a joke."

Looks like we have a winner of David's contest "who will be the first to complain they can't finish their urgent project on software they just downloaded". Sorry - this was a terrible idea. I actually wonder if you've posted this as a joke, or you work for AVID.

FCP7 is still there, and it still works. If you use FCP for a living, please continue to use it.

I would be more polite, but really...

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/community/communitydetails/?UserStoryId=87...

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:24:37 pm

[Ben Holmes] "Sorry - this was a terrible idea. I actually wonder if you've posted this as a joke, or you work for AVID."

Just looked. Member since June 21, 2011. Smells fake to me.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

Joe Murray
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:17:33 pm

You have all the foresight and patience of my three year old. Actually I take that back, she can think as far ahead as next week. I can't even take your post seriously.

Joe Murray
Edit at Joe's
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Dean Neal
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:35:39 pm

That's like being an IT Department manager and holding off your Software updates until Windows 8 etc comes out because you hear it's good.

Are you serious?

Install FCP X side by side with your installation of FCP 7 and TEST. Like for weeks/months.

What's more if you are worried about losing everything, export your FCP 7 as a MOV file and re-edit in FCP X from there if it's that critical and you are stupid enough.

Scaaary, some people.

Dean Neal...

Return to posts index

Matthew Celia
on Jun 21, 2011 at 3:59:41 pm

Seriously. This is 1.0 version software. Doesn't anybody remember FCP 1.0? It was seriously lacking in TONS of features that AVID had at the time.

I don't believe that anybody who is a professional in this industry would be "waiting" for FCP X to add "magic" to your project. Applications don't add magic, people do. And furthermore, being a whole new program, you are going to need to learn the ins and outs, which will take TIME.

I, for one, am slightly disappointed there aren't more "pro" features like XML and EDL support, and I'm going to really miss Multi-Cam. But the reality is that I believe the foundation for this software is strong and I should learn this new interface so I can move forward. I'll still have FCP 7 for those projects that require those advanced workflows. But for smaller stuff, FCP X will do just fine.

Remember, it's not the tools that make stuff great, it's how the artist wields them.

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:08:45 pm

IMovie pro with a 4k timeline?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]