FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Training

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Jones
FCPX Training
on Jan 31, 2012 at 7:27:32 pm

With the latest update, I am looking to get some training for FCPX. I have not used the app before.

I've been looking at Larry Jordan's or Ripple Training. Has anyone had experience of these? Any recommendations for which is best? Or are there others?

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: FCPX Training
on Jan 31, 2012 at 7:38:05 pm

The Ripple training videos are excellent

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 31, 2012 at 7:45:49 pm

I'm biased towards Ripple Training as well.

I think it's a matter of style and your background.
Larry Jordan's stuff seems slower paced and a bit more comfortable if you feel entirely lost.

Ripple Training seems to geared towards having some basic editorial concepts but need to know how to do them in FCPX and Motion. I would say this ranges more from an "aggressive" beginner to more advanced backgrounds.

Others might sense these differently as I'm trying to articulate the differences.

Izzy Video has a good free set running about two and a half hours which might be a good grounding before you commit to a more extensive mode of training.

Color Grading Central has a great free series on Color grading in FCPX specifically.

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
on Jan 31, 2012 at 7:57:11 pm

I would go first with Larry if you never used the App before, but for me I also would check out the RippleTraining.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 31, 2012 at 8:37:47 pm

For free I like http://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/

Seems to be all you need. It'll get you up to speed and let the Cow do the rest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]