FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chase Gardiner
Keying in FCPX
on Jan 25, 2012 at 8:26:58 pm

Usually the keyer works just fine for what I need it to do, however this time it doesn't. The green is lit very flat as it is in the studio, we have a news set desk in front of it and the TV screens on the set have blue and yellow images on them for this particular show. I had to make framing adjustments from normal so now the green is only occupying roughly 15% of screen real-estate while the blue is taking up more...

So my problem is the keyer is jumping to key the blue and not the green like I need. I can't seem to figure out a way to tell it to do the other. I also do not have motion on this particular system since it is not mine, the company has FCPX on a MacPro but doesn't want to spend the money on Motion since no one will use it so that is out of the question.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Keying in FCPX
on Jan 26, 2012 at 7:38:04 am

There's nothing to prevent you from signing in to the App Store with your own ID and downloading & installing Motion on your work computer.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:28:35 pm

"There's nothing to prevent you from signing in to the App Store with your own ID and downloading & installing Motion on your work computer."

Possibly... but bear in mind that a lot of companies prohibit employees from installing personal copies of software on company machines.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Ian Bailey
on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:40:08 am

This is the first time I've tried the keyer in FCPX and I have to say 'Wow!' I gave it a shot with unevenly lit green screen and semi-transparent areas, it handled it beautifully.

Anyway, back to your issue... I would definitely suggest your company buys Motion - it is very cheap. Not only will the more advanced keying features remedy your current problem, but I reckon you'll end up using it for titles, funky transitions and various graphics requirements.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:49:14 am

[Chase Gardiner] "So my problem is the keyer is jumping to key the blue and not the green like I need. I can't seem to figure out a way to tell it to do the other"

Have you changed the sample colour with the 'refine key" adjustment in the inspector?

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]