FORUMS: list search recent posts

Holy smokes my computer runs SLOW with FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Trowbridge
Holy smokes my computer runs SLOW with FCPX
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:19:13 pm

I need some help. My Macbook pro is running so slow when using FCPX. I have all other programs closed but it still is incredibly slow. There are points where FCPX locks up and even closes itself. What do I do about this? (please don't say "switch to AVID"-not an option right now)

Here are my specs:
Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
1 Processor, 4 cores
card: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Thanks

Shane

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Holy smokes my computer runs SLOW with FCPX
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:52:43 pm

Switch off background rendering in preferences, make sure your video quality is set to "better Performance", make sure the automatic graphics card switching is set to off in OSX preferences.

Steve Connor
"FCPX Agitator"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 24, 2012 at 7:05:20 pm

Up your RAM. You should go with at least 8GB, but get more if your computer can sustain it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Rob McGreevy
on Jan 24, 2012 at 8:36:15 pm

Make sure your computer is booting in 64bit mode as well. You can check this by clicking the apple in the upper left hand corner of your menu bar and seleting "About this Mac" from the drop down menu. Then select the "more info" button on the pop-up. That will launch the system profiler. Click and highlight the "software" heading in the left column. In the right pane some information will appear, look at the next to last item on the list, "64-bit Kernel and Extensions" if there is a "Yes" next to it you're booted in 64-bit mode, if it says "no" then you need to reboot in 64 bit mode.

To do this just hold down the "6" and "4" keys as your computer boots up. You can also download an app like "64 Switcher" so you don't have to do this. You can get it here: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/32299/sixtyfourswitcher

Rob

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jan 25, 2012 at 5:32:54 pm

[Shane Trowbridge] "Here are my specs:
Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
1 Processor, 4 cores
card: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Intel HD Graphics 3000"

Shane, I just upgraded to 16GB, so I have two 4GB OEM memory modules for a 2011 Macbook Pro. They are just sitting here; I'll sell them for $30 plus shipping.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]