Panama City Beach, Fl
phone 850-234-2773 ext. 128
cell 850-585-9667
skype username - vidmarv

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Apple @ Guggenheim
on Jan 12, 2012 at 1:50:56 am

I think Apple getting into education is good for America and the world. Let them make simple, engaging interfaces for learning and we all know it can be a hit.

I think looking for Federal Government contracts for education is a smart move.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Ian Bailey
on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:46:18 am

EPUB 3? What were they thinking? How the hell am I supposed to get that onto U-Matic tape? Damn you Apple, I hate you for hating us pros... etc... etc...

Return to posts index

Christian Schumacher
on Jan 12, 2012 at 6:28:57 pm

[Ian Bailey] "How the hell am I supposed to get that onto U-Matic tape? Damn you Apple, I hate you for hating us pros... etc... etc..."

I know you're joking, but I don't get it. Pros have never complained about "iDevices" per se. Their grunt was how these consumer products have eclipsed their professional line of products. Apple has had a lot of support from folks who had chosen to work on their platform in order to make possible their own success.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 12, 2012 at 6:42:35 pm

Given how much market share RIM has lost to Apple in the enterprise market, I'm not sure they'd consider the iDevices "consumer." Mobile computing yes, consumer use them, yes a lot, consumer products, I think not.

Apple is currently the number three PC maker in the US now behind HP and Dell and that's not iDevices. Granted it's mostly laptops and the desktop leader is likely the iMac. I'm not sure if these are strictly "consumer" either.

Return to posts index

Christian Schumacher
on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:55:54 pm

Sure, I stand corrected, there's great use for all iDevices in a professional environment. But, I am not disputing this fact, I'm arguing that Apple's focus shifted from the niches of content producers, and also science researchers, to a broader set of clients. Nice profit move, and if you are a shareholder, that's great news! But go ask an owner of a XServe, or a Final Cut Server, how do they feel about Apple today…Not quite happy. Do you really think that your pumped-up Macmini dream is going to live up to do those jobs?

Pros don't blame iPads, iPhones, iPods and iMacs, they blame Apple's lack of commitment to them.
And they have all the rights to do so, because Apple have strongly relied on them in the recent past.
That is what I was responding to, actually. The problem isn't in developing an iDevice per se. Or how useful, or successful, it is in some professional workflows. The problem is in how Apple managed to wipe out its clients.

(cue to a reminder of how this has happened before, Discreet, etc...I don't get this, just because there were murderers in a killing spree before, nobody is supposed to feel sorry for the ones that got whacked today?)

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 12, 2012 at 8:40:32 pm

[Christian Schumacher] "Do you really think that your pumped-up Macmini dream is going to live up to do those jobs?"

Not my dream. I'm thinking power system just not heavy on internal expansion. Apple has become a commodity company and I do think they'll take a commodity approach to the workstation. I don't know if it'll work but my guess is they're going to try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]