FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codecs for FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig RussillRoy
Codecs for FCPX
on Jan 8, 2012 at 6:34:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

So a little test lately - after installing Callibrate)Q) it works in QTX and can import into FCP7 and Premiere pro automatically allows MXF import anyway, so I did a little test and you cant import MXF into it ... MFX eith MPEG2 - long or iframe or any other MXF wrapped material ...

If they want this baby to grow the codec family will need to extend - what gets me is that Quicktime X plays it after the plugin is installed. ...

hav i finally lost it - or is there something i ave missed?

The files were created ot of Flip Factory, Episode, Rhozet ....

Adstream London, England

4 x Mac Pros, FCP7, 4 x Flip Factories, 35 x Rhozet Carbon Coders, Offices Globally

Return to posts index

John Moffat
Re: Codecs for FCPX
on Jan 8, 2012 at 7:01:36 pm

Hey Craig,

Hope Adstream is keeping you busy

From what I've read FCPX doesn't use the QuickTime. It uses a new architecture called 'AV Foundation'. They've just kept the name QuickTime, but is actually not.

Hope this helps

john

Return to posts index

Craig RussillRoy
on Jan 8, 2012 at 7:19:45 pm

Johnny Moffat

how the hell are ya ! yep having a adball - ;-0 would love to catch up for a beer - yeah i heard of the AV - what gets me is the codec facia is incorporated with compressor etc and if QTX is AV re-written it makes me wonder ...

Adstream London, England

4 x Mac Pros, FCP7, 4 x Flip Factories, 35 x Rhozet Carbon Coders, Offices Globally

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 8, 2012 at 7:34:38 pm

FCPX's model (Apple's model) is that the camera makers will be developing the appropriate plugins. Apple and Sony have announced that Sony will be making a plugin for XDCAM EX direct support for example (as I understand it). Apple is providing the API so this can be done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]