FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seasons Greetings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Seasons Greetings
on Dec 23, 2011 at 12:13:50 pm

Just about to start my Christmas break and I'd like to wish you all a great Holiday Season, thanks for all the great discussions,arguments and humour this year, I'm already looking forward to what next year is going to bring!

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Seasons Greetings
on Dec 23, 2011 at 3:34:35 pm

Cheers to Steve and all my other friends and sparring partners!

Best wishes for a joyful holiday and a peaceful and prosperous new year,

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Dec 23, 2011 at 3:47:42 pm

Thanks. Same to you and yours.

Tim

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Dec 23, 2011 at 4:38:55 pm

Hey, Happy Holidays Steve! Happy Holidays, everyone!

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Dec 23, 2011 at 5:04:55 pm

.... And from the uk - best wishes and may all ye olde computers have at least days rest!

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Dec 23, 2011 at 5:11:03 pm

And may the Doctor Who Christmas special--for which my daughter and I are both grateful--be particularly awesome this year.

Return to posts index

Kevin Patrick
on Dec 23, 2011 at 6:20:38 pm

I was going to post a short Holiday piece I was putting together with FCP X. But just as I was about to export it, I realized Undo had quit working. Being a seasoned FCP X user, I quickly exported to Compressor. Well not quickly, as for some reason FCP X had consumed all 24 GB of RAM and was running extremely slow. Once the project had gotten sent to Compressor, I smartly duplicated the project, so as not to loose all my work. Then I quit FCP X. Well, not quit, more like Force Quit. I then checked on Compressor, but apparently the process was hung. I decided to reboot. I tried to open up FCP X, but it kept crashing before it could launch. So I trashed the preferences. (many thanks to my number 2 App, Preference Manager) Unfortunately, that didn't work. So I deleted FCP X and re-downloaded a new copy of FCP X. Well, I tried to download it. The App Store seemed to think FCP X was still installed, even though it wasn't. So I decided to do a clean install of Lion. I wiped my drive clean. But I forgot, Lion didn't come with an install DVD. So, I went down to my local Apple store and bought a Lion USB drive. I installed Lion and then installed FCP X. Thankfully, that seemed to work. I was now able to launch FCP X without any issues. However, my original Project was somehow corrupted, as FCP X would crash when I tried to open it. Thanks to my #3 most used App, Event Manager X, I was able to move the corrupted project, so I could load the duplicate project. That project loaded okay. Unfortunately, all the media had the Modified File red icon. My Timeline was still intact, but FCP X couldn't locate the media. I hadn't moved, or renamed any of the media. Perhaps all the issues I had with FCP X and Compressor had somehow modified the metadata. I guess I should have duplicated the media when I duplicated the project. So I re-imported all the media and now I'm replacing all the Modified File clips with the new imports, of the same clip. Since it's only Friday, I should be done before Christmas. While FCP X does have some version 1.0 issues, I have to say it is quite a bit faster than FCP 7. In fact, FCP X is really a pretty awesome NLE, once you understand the workflow. As you can see, I've got it nailed.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Boxing Day!

Happy Holidays to all.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 23, 2011 at 6:29:22 pm

Happy Holidays, peoples of video land!

Here's a new take on an old Christmas mainstay. It has some adult language in the package, but it's wrapped in funny paper:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Dec 23, 2011 at 8:42:18 pm

Haha. But at least it does XML now :p

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Dec 23, 2011 at 6:26:41 pm

Happy Holidays Steve and Everyone! Wishing you all the best in the new year!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Dec 23, 2011 at 7:45:06 pm

My particular thanks go out to those who've "pushed back" at what I've written here.

These days where all too much "single side" media bias (on both sides) is common, I probably hang here more than I should simply because I still value the old style debates where two opposing views can freely duke things out for all to see.

After all, the position that's never challenged often turns out to be one thats really not worth holding.

The best part of this group is that there's never a shortage of alternative views - something I'm honestly grateful for.

Happy holidays, everyone, from my small part of the desert.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]